1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with BURNCDCC and WMP

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by lyong222, Apr 9, 2011.

1. lyong222

lyong222 Member

I have a mp4 video on my desktop.
    I have BURNCDCC but when I right click on the file and choose the program to open it with, BURNCDCC does not seem to find the file.
    So, I right clicked on the file again and chose WMP, just to see if the video would play. However, all I am getting is audio, no video.
    So, I right clicked on the file again and choose VLC and the video opens and plays.

Why is BURNCDCC not finding the file, and why does WMP only play the audio?

I have had Nero on my computer since the computer was custom built, but when I try to use that, I get a message saying the trial period is over.

Can I go back to my Nero disc from 2009 and re-install the software?
    Or is there a free version of Nero out there is "burn" land?

I'm experimenting with formats because I want to play this video on my computer, and on my TV from my table top DVD player.

Any advice on all of this?

Thanks.

2. attar

attar Senior member

The mp4 isn't playing in WMP because the correct codec is not installed in your system - but since VLC is a self contained package which does not rely on the system codecs, that isn't a problem.

If your former version of Nero (I assume a copy with a serial number) is supported by your current operating system there should be no problem installing it.

Instead of Nero, use AVStoDVD, a freeware package that is regularly updated.
    Save the output to a DVD folder and burn it with your burning program.
    If you have ImgBurn installed you can burn the disk automatically from AVStoDVD if you select 'Output' > 'Burn DVD'.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD

3. lyong222

lyong222 Member

I downloaded AVS and it is only going to let me do 5 disc without a fee.
    So, I opened it and tried to proceed, on one small mp4 video clip. I clicked "add" and in that list, the video is not listed. It also said the file could be dragged into the middle of the window. I can drag the file around my desktop, but not into the AVS window. The file does have the VLC icon on it, as I have chosen that as my default media player.
    I ran into some problems trying to use Nero 7. I had version 7.5 and the latest version of Nero 7 is 7.11. So, I got my serial number from my registry, as the un-install instructions said to keep that, and use it with the updated version of Nero 7. Everything was working as expected, and then I got to some point where it mentioned a license. License for what, I am not sure. This video clip came from Youtube and it got on Youtube from a nationally televised horse race. So, there should be no copyright issues.

So, the current problem is why AVS is not seeing "all" the files on my "desktop."
    Or what do I need to do to this mp4 file to get it into AVS.

(Ill postpone Nero 7 for the time being and let my 5 discs with AVS get me some experimenting on how to do this)

I know, Im years behind the rest of you, so I am on step one of trying to burn a 3 minute mp4 file.

Thanks.