1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major problem with adware hotbar

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by chewbkka, Apr 12, 2011.

1. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

The other day my pc was redirecting me to different websites, not opening files like my computer or my documents on my desktop. I have MacAfee from verizon, I did a scan and it show nothing. so I restart my pc with f8 in safe mode and did a scan with malwarebytes. it show that I had adware hotbar which it quarantine and deleted. I restarted the pc and everything was fine. just in case I created a system restore point. The next 2 days the same thing is happening again and again but this time the adware is not showing up in either MacAfee or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I am tires of doing scans, rebooting, safe mode. Now I am trying StopZilla. Can anyone help me get rid of this or can I go back and do a system restore. Do I have to take it in for cleaning. I have a dell desktop and I am using windows xp service pack 3.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do a system restore before this all happened. install both spybot search & destroy & malwarebytes anti-malware then run them after you install & run ccleaner.

3. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

after all this, I ran ESAT scanner and i came up with 6 infected files with win32/trojan downloader agent FTYZnm 1 and java/agent ab trojan and lastly java/ trojan downloader open stream nbn trojan.
    so this is what I am going to do. run with safe mode in networking run malwarebytes, then super antispyware then NOD32. then close it and then restart then create system restore point. I hope this does it if not I will do it your way. Thanks for the help any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

4. chewbkka

chewbkka Regular member

I ran everything in safe mode with malwarebytes first then super antispyware which had many trojans then I tried EST NOD32 which wouldn't download unless I deleted the previous 2 plus MacAfee. Still after all this It still didn't D/l so I ran Stopzilla which found much adware, trojans and virus. after many hours of deep scan and created a system restore point, I restarted my pc and reinstall Mac Afee and is doing a scan right now but still getting a redirect on my browser. I am really frustrated. my next move is a system restore to earlier in the month and if that doesn't work, take it in to a technician. any other ideas which might help me. thanks