1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone good at cleaning up background noise???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by bigtalker, Apr 20, 2011.

1. bigtalker

bigtalker Member

Hi everyone,
    I have a voice recording with a good bit of background noise and I really need it cleaned up. It is a file I need to play in a courtroom, so this is important. I have tried to clean it up with Audacity myself, but I am quite the novice and the results were poor. Would anyone who has some skill with audio editing software like to give it a shot?
    I appreciate any help!

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Getting rid of a hum is one thing random noise is hard to remove.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

audacity is good at this kind of thing

4. Mez

Mez Active member

I think the 'noise' is not real noise but other persons talking in the backround. I am a piker when it comes to audacity. I only use it for capture and making demo mp3s for my daughter. She is a singer and she gets daddy to cut her demos. I have told her she needs to learn how to do that herself. Next year she will be in college. She could charge a fee to make demos. She has a budjet professional recorder still over kill for voice. The full blown version records way up in the ultrasonics. It is at least one step above what colleges use to record their audio. I would have figured these music colleges would have more professional equipment. Instead they are using a professor's home camcorder to record their opera with no external mic.

5. Mez

Mez Active member

ps355528 maybe you ought to give it a shot.

By the way... what kind of neame isps355528? Entertain me, you are not impulsive like Mistycat, who just used the pet's name that was walking through the room when he was signing up. He has regretted that.

I think the 'noise' is not real noise but other persons talking in the backround. I am a piker when it comes to audacity. I only use it for capture and making demo mp3s for my daughter. She is a singer and she gets daddy to cut her demos. I have told her she needs to learn how to do that herself. Next year she will be in college. She could charge a fee to make demos. She has a budjet professional recorder which is still still over kill for voice. The full blown version records way up in the ultrasonics. It is at least one step above what colleges use to record their audio. I would have figured these music colleges would have more professional equipment. Instead they are using a professor's home camcorder to record their opera with no external mic. When I do her's it is a home camcorder but it takes an external mic. I use her recorder as a mic. Most anyone can tell the difference between the CRAP mic in the home recorder and a good one like ours.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011