1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't see the files on my CD and DVD drives

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by dacostas, Jun 15, 2004.

1. dacostas

dacostas Member

The problem spans all my CD and DVD players/recorders (including yours). They act as if CDs and DVDs are not loaded in them (I do get an Icon change but not the volume label) and I can't access the files on them. The drives appear in "My computer" and give no errors (even when I check with the device manager). However sometimes I find an error by checking "Computer Management, Event Viewer." Usually, the error message is "An error was detected on device DeviceCdRom1 during a paging operation."

When the problem started, I had the following components: a DVD-ROM, a 52X CD-ROM, a DVD burner, a CD Burner, 40Gb Hard disk, a 160Gb Hard disk, an extra Disk controller, 512Mb RAM, Atlon 1800, a fan on the power supply, 300W power supply, Windows 2000, a floppy, TV card, Modem, Ethernet, ...

At the time the problem began, I was coping all my music from CD and ..., to the 160Gb Hard disk. In total, I must have copied a 100Gb of music, movies, photos, system backups, and ... to the big Hard disk. Most of my music was copied in a span of 4 months (I wanted to get rid of all my CDs, DVDs, and cassette and video tapes.

The problem started about a month ago. Nothing would happen when I loaded any of the DVD or CD players and then try to access it. I would get the message "load the 'device'" so I would reload it. I would get the message again and nothing would happen.

I have to add that I have used Daemon Virtual CD and I am noticing a connection.

To fix the problem, I reformatted "C" drive and change my configuration. Now, I am running Windows XP and I have removed the big hard disk, a CD-burner, the modem, and the extra disk controller. I also bought a new motherboard. Things were working fine for about three hours of installing layered software products. Now the same problem again, I can't see the files on my DVDs or CDs any more.

Any ideas as to what is the cause of my problem and how to fix it?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member