AfterDawn: Tech news

Nvidia 3D Vision videos now on YouTube

Written by James Delahunty @ 26 May 2011 8:21 User comments (2)

Nvidia 3D Vision videos now on YouTube NVIDIA announces YouTube is giving users the ability to view thousands of 3D videos on their NVIDIA 3D Vision PCs and notebooks.
The videos will work with the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox web browser. "We're excited to introduce HTML5 and WebM support to the thousands of 3D videos available on YouTube," said Jonathan Huang, 3D Product Manager at YouTube. "By embracing these open standards, NVIDIA 3D Vision users now have a great way of experiencing YouTube's library of 3D content."

With the growth of 3D camcorders for the consumer market, the amount of content that can be created by consumers and uploaded to sites such as YouTube has risen. YouTube's support of NVIDIA 3D Vision technology extends its existing commitment to 3D, enabling even more consumers and 3D enthusiasts to share their 3D videos online.

"Firefox with 3D Vision creates a stunning and smooth 3D video experience using HTML5 video based on open standards," said Jay Sullivan, VP of Products at Mozilla. "3D Vision from NVIDIA is a great example of the rich, innovative experiences that are being built on top of the speed and graphics power that Firefox delivers to the Web."

To further showcase the new YouTube stereoscopic 3D video streaming capabilities and some of the latest professional and user-generated 3D YouTube videos, NVIDIA is now hosting the top YouTube stereoscopic 3D videos on its 3D web community site at www.3DVisionLive.com/YT3D.

"YouTube 3D on an NVIDIA 3D Vision PC is an amazing experience," said Phil Eisler, general manager of 3D Vision at NVIDIA. "Now 3D Vision PC users can enjoy over 525 games, YouTube videos and photos in theater-quality, full-resolution 3D."

Tags: NVIDIA YouTube
Previous Next  

2 user comments

127.5.2011 12:45

YAY!!!!!!!!!.....................NOT. Again......3D is a fad that few are embracing. I don't know of ANYONE with 3D usability. One needs glasses, TV and BD player that's 3D.

Don't know a soul.

Anyone here that does that has positive FB??

228.5.2011 01:23

Originally posted by hearme0:
YAY!!!!!!!!!.....................NOT. Again......3D is a fad that few are embracing. I don't know of ANYONE with 3D usability. One needs glasses, TV and BD player that's 3D.

Don't know a soul.

Anyone here that does that has positive FB??
I own the new Samsung 55D8000 LED TV for 2011, as well as their new D6730W 7.1 3D Bluray HTiB. I can tell you though that I'm very thankful I didn't purchase either for their 3D capability. While the 3D looks fantastic, I simply cannot stand the active shutter technology -- it's an instant headache for me, literally. Until HD 3D can be accomplished at home without the use of active shutter glasses, I'm not a big fan.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive