1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starview clone new fixed files

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by starview0, Apr 11, 2008.

1. malci

malci Guest

You can do 1 of 2 things - a full re-scan after a factory re-set, but as it is only 4 channels you might want to do as follows. From one of your affected film channels - Menu - Installation OK - Manual scan OK - Press OK on Down Frequency, when finished exit back out to TV and the affected channel will appear at the end of your channel list, repeat the steps above to regain the other channels - "Don't forget that you must do the procedure from each affected channel" when complete, just re-order in channel edit and delete the one that is not working, bit long winded but it does work.

2. eso1967

eso1967 Member

i did what u said mate and it worked u r the best thank u so much

3. malci

malci Guest

Hi sonya, sorry I have only just seen your post, if you are anywhere nearby I would upgrade your box no problem, it's really a very simple task honestly it just seems complicated when you have not done it before, so give it a go, you won't do any harm, if you want to pm me you area if you are close by then I will sort it. At least I will guide you through it if your not close by.

4. malci

malci Guest

Well done and thanks for getting back to me, always do that for loss of individual channels/sound etc. it is only due to a small frequency change. Cheers :)

5. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

These are the cables you need to flash the firmware.

If you have a computer or a laptop with a 9 pin serial com port which is male on the back all you will need is this,

Female to Female Serial Null Modem Cable which looks like this,

[​IMG]

Make sure you do not buy a Serial RS232 9-Pin Female to Female cable as SG8 has stated below. they seems to be quite a few people buying this from mapl*ns, It has to be a SERIAL NULL MODEM CABLE Like the one above!!

[​IMG]Serial RS232 9-Pin Female to Female

If you have a computer or laptop without a 9 pin serial socket you will still need the Female to Female Serial Null Modem Cable as above and this USB to Serial bi-directional DB9 Adaptor Converter to make it fit into your USB port
    [​IMG]

If you have a pc and you are struggling with the usb adapter as above you could add a PCI serial card which is easily added to you PC and with this all you need is the null modem cable which gives you a direct link from your box to the pc.

[​IMG]

I hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  6. linkevo

linkevo Member

Hi

Right i'm gona be really brave today and FINALLY try and sort my starview clone out.

I lost all the channels about 2 weeks ago and have been reading these forums, which seem fantastic, but you all seem to know what your talking about when you mention codes, cables, flashing etc.

Unfortunately for me its little help as I have no idea where to start with all this. My starview clone i bought of a mate so all i had to do was plug it in and away i went.

But now that the channels have gone off, i'm totally stuck.

Where do i enter the codes? In fact WHAT codes? Whatsa code and where do i find these?

Whats the step by step process?

Whats this about flashing/downloading some software called fix 2.4 ee or something?

I'm sorry to be a pain but i would be grateful if someone could guide me through all this, step by step, my baby loves watching the baby channel as she is teething at the moment so is very restless and without my starview, the poor thing has nothing to take her mind of the pain and I have nothing but sleepless nights!!

once again many thansk in advance!

7. lori378

lori378 Member

8. lori378

lori378 Member

9. tmohan

tmohan Member

Dont worry we all start from somewhere same as u just read them and u will get it some how like i did it for latest codes just follow this link http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/528527
    to input them its depend what box u have if u have starview 1 then press manue and enter1570 and now u will see option just press EMU off then press Navagration and u will now be in another option by choosing the arrow left and right the very first box u will see the cable provider details just ok when u found ur provider for example C&W ,T&W ,N*L so on once u selected them right underneeth u see a box with oo or o1 select 00 then enter the 00 codes then ok it then c
    select 01 now enter codes then ok it now exit next option turn on the EMU then exit ,Exit now ur channel shoud work if not come back to me tell me whot u have done so far and i can guid u through Good Luckkk

10. lori378

lori378 Member

by the way da codes for n*l ireland dat work at da min r
    00 key numbers: fd 7e 4d bd 89 ba 5e 76
    01 key numbers: co fa ed fc c2 44 7c 25

11. malci

malci Guest

Excellent post HiTeck, the amount of confusion regarding the simple reference to RS232 cable, that is brilliant, pity it's not a sticky.

12. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Thanks mate!!!

13. stuinapan

stuinapan Member

hi all does anyone know the codes for n*l

14. linkevo

linkevo Member

Tmohan

Many thanks for that i'll try it later tonight when i get home!!

Really appreciate the help, you guys are legends!

15. HiTeck

HiTeck Regular member

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  16. robbie00

robbie00 Member

Anyone know if there is any clone save software out there for the original starview box? i heard most of the software that allows autoroll kills the boxes.

17. malci

malci Guest

Not updated yet, in the meantime these is what I have to hand for UK

UK Only
    NTHELL - [17/04/2008]
    KEY 00 = 88 D4 F7 FE 5A 41 91 EC
    KEY 01 = DB 7E 88 CA 37 E3 93 83

Key 00 = 88,D4,F7,FE,5A,41,91,EC
    Key 01 = 8A,6B,42,56,D5,E3,83,1E REVISED NTL
    Seems to be some conflicting info with 01 line

EX CW- [17/04/2008]
    KEY 00 = A0 89 3B CB 45 21 A7 53
    KEY 01 = F2 73 A9 0F 26 09 69 0A

TELEWEST- [17/04/2008]
    KEY 00 = 6F 9B A2 32 50 67 36 57
    KEY 01 = 07 44 86 A5 98 9C 95 CC

18. ganscu

ganscu Member

help try to download frim ware to SV" iused crypt.v4
    have nul cable &usb converter i try changing COM pors but when ipress download error can nt find file
    any help please???

19. malci

malci Guest

You have to choose the bin file, click BIN File tab and browse to where you have put the bin file, then double click the bin file and it will appear in the BIN File window, it is then that you press download,make sure you have the box App File Only box is checked, if still no joy then check out HiTeck's post above to ensure you have correct leads.

20. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Just one thing to bear in mind guys, with regard to the USB - Serial adapter. There are 2 types of these on the market. There is a uni-directional, which allows the pc to communicate with the attached device. The other is bi-directional, which allows the pc and the device to communicate with each other.
    You need the second type, bi-directional, as the SV talks back to the pc to let it know stuff, like the flash is starting, download complete and whatever else.