1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NDS R4-sdhc language issues.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by sashamuscat, Jun 27, 2011.

1. sashamuscat

sashamuscat Member

Hi, Im new to this forum but I really need help on how to solve this problem with my r4-sdhc, so I hope I cam to the right place.

I have had my R4 for ages and it has never given me any trouble regarding languages. It has always been set to English and has worked. But recently I had to upgrade my R4s firmware, and even though I downloaded the English kernel, everything on my R4 seems to be written in Chinese or Japanese(I cant really tell the difference) I have tried everything to get my R4 back to English setting. I have tried reinstalling the kernel, downloading a language patch, changing the setting from the language.ini file, changing my language preferences from the r4 itself etc... basically I have tried every possible way to solve this problem, but have failed. I am having a really tough time with this, as I cannot understand a word of Chinese or Japanese instructions, and I have no idea why everything is in another language considering I have set English as the language multiple times.. Anyway, this is really frustrating me, and I would really like any help on how to go about this situation. Maybe anyone has ever experienced the same problem as me? I will take any advice you have to offer. Thanks :)

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

The only thing I can think of, is to check your R4 card itself, and see if it has a website written on it, so that you are getting the correct updates. That's the only thing I can think of for your situation. If you've tried all of that, then I really don't know what to recommend...

3. PS3fun

PS3fun Member

Where is your R4i SDHC coming from.the official team--R4i-sdhc.com ?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011