1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Videos are cropped weirdly when viewed in WMP and VLC

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by FoxMc, Jul 10, 2011.

1. FoxMc

FoxMc Member

I have a video I recorded straight from my TV/Xbox with a PVR. The resolution is 1280x720 and when I play that video in Window Media Player, it plays fine

*link removed because I can't post links*

When I play it in VLC, the video is severely cropped off and NONE of the settings Ive used can change the way its played. VLC thinks whatever you see on the screen is the actual video itself. Changing the aspect ratio, etc. does nothing but add bars to the top and bottom of the video, making the cropped video be in the aspect ratio you choose.

*link removed because I can't post links*

The problem with this is that Sony Vegas Pro, the program I use to edit my video, sees my videos the same way VLC sees them, not the way WMP sees them. As a result, my videos come out to be severely cropped to the top left.

Im convinced this has something to do with my system, as the video file details are fine (1280x720), nothing that would suggest why its playing in this ridiculous cropped form. My monitor is 1366,768 so it physically is able to handle 1280x720 videos fine. Anyone know whats going on? Thanks.

2. FoxMc

FoxMc Member

I don't expect a reply. After hours of research, found many with the EXACT same problem, and not a single person has given a solution that works.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  3. FoxMc

FoxMc Member

Bump

4. FoxMc

FoxMc Member

PLEASE.

5. attar

attar Senior member

If you can upload a small sample to MediaFire and PM the link, I will post it to allow others to respond.