1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spyware help! mxtarget

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by friend101, Jun 19, 2004.

1. friend101

friend101 Member

does anyone know how to get rid off this spyware?its called mxtarget. its so annoying, i delete it through regedit and in the windows folder but it keeps coming back! anyone know how to get rid of it permently? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Here you go!

For Windows98 and WindowsXP users:

a) To permanently disable the software click "Start" and then "Run" and type the following command which unregisters the software: regsvr32 c:\windows\twaintec.dll "

b) To completely remove the software: reboot and then Find and Delete the file mxtarget.dll.

For Windows2000, WindowsME and WindowsNT users:

a) To permanently disable the software click "Start" and then "Run" and type the following command which unregisters the software: "regsvr32 c:\winnt\twaintec.dll "

b) To completely remove the software: reboot and then Find and Delete the file twaintec.dll.

3. Kid00

Kid00 Member

Hie!

I have the same problem but...

I successfully unregister MxTarget, and then reboot,.. but when I try to delelete mwtarget.dll, it says that it's impossible because it's currently used by windows...

What can I do?

Thank you very much!

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Looks like you got a tenacious spyware (malware) stuck on your PC -- Here goes i have posted this somewhere here but am gonna repeat.

Go to ==>:
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

and get CWShredder ~~ while you are there also get
    HijackThis .

1) run CWShredder -- reboot and see if your malware has been taken care of.

2) if it is still there -- run Hijack this , save the log and post it on http://forums.spywareinfo.com/ , within minutes someone will reply with the proper sequence to cure your PC. -- It could be me or one of the 100's of benevolent helping there. ~~smiles !

5. peterhuli

peterhuli Member

[bold]*****************************************************************

this is how to get rid of it and others aswell...

**had the same problem myself and got no where from looking at other sites from the internet. many of these parasites follow the same pattern.

***make sure to back up registry and be careful when editing etc etc... (as per microsoft)

-go to in the registry editor...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

-find out exe's that are suspicious and remove, if in doubt consult ie. google with file name.

-remove suspicious entry taking note of location

-open taskmanager and kill process (name of exe in registry that has been run)

-delete file from location

-use spyware cleaner app ie. adaware to detect and delete and dll's and reboot.

-go to temp directory to clean out all files (this is where the spyware files are dumped originally)

-install an app ie. spywareblaster to protect ur pc in the future.

Please let me know how you get on...

http://www.geocities.com/peterhuli
    [/bold]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2004