1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMR-WB A104 codec PLS Help

Discussion in 'Audio' started by vinuvinzy, Jul 26, 2011.

1. vinuvinzy

vinuvinzy Member

GUYS THIS IS A BIG HELP. I NEED ALL THE TECH EXPERTS THERE.

How do i play *.wav files which requires a AMR-WB A104 codec????

thanks so much.

I tried using VLC Player, Klite Codec Mega Pack, Real Player, some additional codecs. But none of them played my file. It is in .WAV format @ 16 Kbps of sound bit rate. I Cannot Play the file. It would be of great help if you Tech People help me out. please post the link to download the codec.
    thanks.

2. Mez

Mez Active member

Why do you say it requires a AMR-WB A104 codec? Is it encrypted? All the apps you tried do not play wav files. I say first try one that does.

At the very top of the audio forum is a post by me about being an audio expert. Open it and go most of the way down. There are links to powerful audio players. I know Media Monkey plays wav files and I am sure winamp does as well. Let the app worry about codecs. Most players use their own codec and will not use one you provide. After you install it you can right click on the wave file in file explorer and select play in Media Monkey.

3. Mez

Mez Active member

You can get a player here. It is not a wav file it is some wacky encoding for speach. I say wacky because an 8 BR mp3 or AAC will probably be smaller and sound better than this. Someone needed a project for a masters or Doctorate. I will put the rest up in the top sticky.

http://www.amrplayer.com/