AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

What does Metro UI mean for Microsoft's tablet strategy?

news article released on:

With Windows 8, Microsoft is attempting to walk a fine line between making the OS more tablet friendly and retaining all the standard functionality Windows users expect. In the latest installment of the Building Windows 8 blog, Microsoft's Steven Sinofsky tackles the question of how the new tile based Metro interface will co-exist with the traditional Windows desktop. Metro borrows ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

Am I the only one that thinks that the METRO interface is ugly as hell?
I mean, it's kinda ok, until you put in those blocky, ugly tiles using random colors.

Oh, Im sorry... Did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I'd assume you'd be able to configure the tiles and the background in the final build.
So...it is like running Windows 7 and Windows 7 Mobile at the same time...just when you thought windows was getting more efficient with Windows 7, they make a version of windows that runs two different versions of itself at once!

This is going to be a disaster on so many fronts...it is going to hurt PC sales across the board because no one is going to be buying new PCs unless they have to. Plus the tablet itself will fail miserably with consumers...there is some demand for certain applications on the go; but if there was enough demand to justify making a tablet for these things, there is enough demand to justify making ports of these things instead.

MerlinZero Unverified new user
Originally posted by KillerBug:
So...it is like running Windows 7 and Windows 7 Mobile at the same time...just when you thought windows was getting more efficient with Windows 7, they make a version of windows that runs two different versions of itself at once!

This is going to be a disaster on so many fronts...it is going to hurt PC sales across the board because no one is going to be buying new PCs unless they have to. Plus the tablet itself will fail miserably with consumers...there is some demand for certain applications on the go; but if there was enough demand to justify making a tablet for these things, there is enough demand to justify making ports of these things instead.
You do realize that with most instances of Windows 7, Media Center is always running underneath, and well it looks almost identicle to Metro. so I guess they're just reversing the priority and adding app support in Media Center.

I like it.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.