1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVidia nForce 9200 Chipset nettop 1080p eMachine ER1401 Nettop

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by steddie, Sep 7, 2011.

1. steddie

steddie Member

Help i have heard so many conflicting stories as to what is in my machine. Before i bought the machine i was told that it had a NVIDIA GeForce 9200. Which everyone said it is superior to the ION series and fully capable of running 1080p.

" read somewhere in google that the Geforce 9200 was going to be renamed as Geforce 8300, but nothing more. Also, emachnies says that the nettop comes with a geforce 9200 integrated gpu, but how can it be, then, if it was renamed as 8300 more than a year ago? If so, then what am I supposed to receive? A 9200m GS? Also, checking the specs for the 8300 chipset, it says that it only supports DDR2, while the emachines PC comes with DDR3, so it would seem that I will not be receiveng an 8300 chipset...."<---- this is from a previous thread..

So i will ask you guys. What is the GPU in my machine capable of? I allocated more ram to the graphics card in bios. I turned of windows 7 Aero.

I have a slight jitter. running XBMC.

I reduced the slight jitter by turning off the "smooth motion" effect on my tv 120hz. I never had this issue with my wd live tv box set @ 1080p 60hz. i wonder if i can further tweak to sort it out. I Can Confirm plays full bluray rips 1080p in MKV, M2TS, and TS containers. Menus are responsive for me.
    Has anyone else experienced this slight stutter? If so.. How do i get rid of it? It is not constant. Seeing that it was greatly reduced by turning of the 120hz feature on my tv. is it safe assume a refresh issue? I am still pursuit of perfection please any input is greatly appreciated.
    4GB RAM 250GB HDD
    NVIDIA GeForce 9200 HDMI
    Lenovo Multimedia Remote with keyboard N5901
    ------------------------------
    Media info:
    Complete name : D:\Vids\Spider-Man 3 (2007).mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 28.7 GiB
    Duration : 2h 19mn
    Overall bit rate : 29.6 Mbps
    Movie name : Spider-Man 3 (2007)
    Encoded date : UTC 2011-09-05 19:52:16
    Writing application : mkvmerge v4.5.0 ('Speed of Light') built on Feb 1 2011 02:10:32
    Writing library : libebml v1.2.0 + libmatroska v1.1.0

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
    Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=10
    Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@0.0
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : TrueHD
    Codec ID : A_TRUEHD
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Maximum bit rate : 5 220 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode : Lossless
    Title : TrueHD
    Language : English

2. steddie

steddie Member

I asked on the Nvidia site the unofficial Emachince site, and XBMC site. What i am looking for is a software configuration guidance. The Nvidia guy really took a path that i think dont apply to my macahine.

"No cooling options I know of, but say a fan blowing more air on it....with Laptops, you have cooler pads.

As for if this is the cause, I do not know for a fact. I just know that the heat issue will come into play with laptops.

You might also try a different wall plug, as I am going with the assumption the plug feeding it might be feeding other items as well. "

it is a nettop and a lap top cooler will not fit this situation.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2011