AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

SanDisk shows off 64GB microSDXC card

news article released on:

SanDisk has launched their latest and greatest memory cards aimed at mobile devices. The company says mobile phone sales are expected to reach 1.7 billion by 2014, and pretty much all current devices have a microSD slot in addition to internal memory. At 64GB, the memory cards will offer a huge amount of storage for a tiny footprint, but there is one catch. Because they are microSDXC, ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

Quote:
SanDisk has launched their latest and greatest memory cards aimed at mobile devices.
Should rephrase, this line has not yet launched; launched defines that it's currently for sale and you can't even pull up info for this card on Sandisk.
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by Mysttic:
Quote:
SanDisk has launched their latest and greatest memory cards aimed at mobile devices.
Should rephrase, this line has not yet launched; launched defines that it's currently for sale and you can't even pull up info for this card on Sandisk.
Currently for sale, via the SanDisk site. My paragraph was correct as the line has been launched. http://www.sandisk.com/products/mobile1...-microsdxc-card

well, even if is out, not many device are capable using it, which means it will take time to develop, and by the time they do that, they come out with something else. They should just make everything universal, it is really getting annoying.

Being nice always has its own consequences
I just bought a new phone...I'm not upgrading again for at least 2 years. I am sure that if Sandisk doesn't want my money for a 64GB microSD card, someone else will.
Originally posted by Mysttic:
Quote:

Sandisk.com -> Consumer Products -> Mobile Memory

How did you gather exactly that it hasn't been released is what I'm curious about.

Also, dang that's expensive! Haha. I guess it makes sense though. The price will drop relatively quickly as it usually does with memory.
Quote:
Currently for sale, via the SanDisk site. My paragraph was correct as the line has been launched. http://www.sandisk.com/products/mobile1...-microsdxc-card
When I went to search for it, it wasn't showing up; I have no idea why; even doing the search via google and Sandisk site brought up nothing. I not sure if their site was only giving me Canadian information tho, so that's a possibility. Koodo's for the link and I stand corrected state side, but I won't apologize in this case for being wrong as some sites don't always show everything based on the country you are in...
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.