1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HElP NEEDED URGENTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by arifdamji, Oct 15, 2002.

1. arifdamji

arifdamji Guest

LOOK I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE BACK UPS FOR NEARLY 3 MONTHS WITH CLONE CD 4 BUT MY HARDWARE IS TOO CRAP, THERE MUST BE ANOTHER WAY AROUND IT SO I CAN MAKE BACKUPS WHICH WORK, PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL HELP, BUT DOWNLOADABLE PROGRAMS ARE THE BEST.

my cd copier is: IDE-cd R/RW 12x8x32
    and my dvd drive (normal cd-rom) is :HITACHI DVD-rom GD-8000

ok i use clonecd 4 for i still can't make backup of any of my new games, what can i do, help is appreciated but help and download links are the best.
    p.s i used to make back-ups with clonecd 3 and the worked.
    THANKS
    p.s these copy emululators like daemon tools don't work, i don't understand how they work.

2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

there is no other way around this.. either your hardware supports writing RAW DAO & Sub-Channel Data, or it does not..

As for copy emulators such as daemon-tools, they work just fine, you NEED to know what type of copy protection to emulate before using them.. go here: http://www.cdmediaworld.com/hardware/cdrom/cd_utils.shtml and look under "CD Identifying Utilities", this might be a good starting point.

Anyhow, I think this topic is way out of league for these forums, this forum is NOT dedicated to GAME COPYING, which is why I provided you to links to GAME COPYING websites previously.. http://www.gamecopyworld.com is a great place to find what you need.

3. arifdamji

arifdamji Guest

Ok thanks for everything but i have 2 questions?

1. When I copy a game how come it sometimes only works in my cd copier not my cd-rom drive?
    2. I am thinking of buying either the Philips 40x12x48 CDRW Drive or the Philips 48x16x48 CDRW Drive. Money is not an issue and i think the second one is better? Please tell me what u think and try not to give me links unless they are UP TO DATE, AS THESE CD WRITERS ARE BRAND NEW and are often not mentioned.

4. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I haven't minded up until now your questions, but I am starting to get the idea that you think we are obligated to help you. I only provided you with links because I understand you want to know more about this, now it's up to you to do your own research.

I still wish you the best of luck..

5. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Philips isn't a famous brand for it's CD-RW drives. I would go for Plextor, LiteOn, Yamaha - you can always patch protections.

6. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

I have a 16x10x40 Phillips (yeah I know low speed) that I just bought and it works beautifully. Oh but I just remembered that I had a bit of trouble with it in Win 98 so I upgraded to Win XP.

7. arifdamji

arifdamji Guest

Oh ok thanks for all you help, and i do appreciate it but remember i am buying the copier for copying games only, and someone told me that philips was the best brand, none of the websites are updated to include the 2 cd writers. So what do u think? thanks for all your help, also If u know any other BETTER copiers for copying games plz tell me, plus where could i find it? thanks

8. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

I would go with the 48X philips that is if you are set on getting it . You may want to burn at slower speeds anyways less chance for errors.personaly I would go with a plextor.