1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xbox boot shows no bios and flashing red eject LED

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by madmodder, Jun 24, 2004.

1. madmodder

madmodder Member

I modded my xbox with a Xenium chip recently. I loaded a new bios and dashboard with no problems.

Problem:
    After Xenium Eprom splash screen, I wait for 3 seconds before the bios loads automatically - normal behaviour here.
    After 3 seconds, instead of seeing a bios load, I now get a blank screen with no error messages and a flash red LED on the Eject button.

I've tried a few things. The Eprom menu on the mod chip still works fine, but I can't load any bios including original and other types. Tried reloading a bois from CD but it didn't help.

Background:
    Before the issue occurred I backed up my HDD using FTP in preparation for upgrading to a new HDD. Xbox was sitting idle with Evox Dashboard loaded and I powered off the xbox using the front power button.

Problem occurred the next time I powered on.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

does the xbox work with the chip off?

3. dyingtrst

dyingtrst Member

while you were installing the mod, did you make sure all wires are connected? I had that prob, and it was my actual cpu slipping, make sure everything is secure!

4. scruby

scruby Guest

The same thing is happening for me.
    The problem does persist after removing the xenium chip.

The xenium screen comes up, but the screen simply turns black and the eject button flashes red steadily (not red/green or red/orange)

This happens when choosing xecuter2 or original bios. It does not matter. It did work before, though. I was able to start the evox dashboard from a cdrw, ftp into the drive, and transfer files. Everything seemed to work as expected until powering off the xbox from the front panel.

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

could be the eprom
    I have a similar problem, happened when I flashed a chip by a hotswap, my xbox boots fine with chip enabled, but wont lock a hdd, and wont boot with modchip off at all

6. scottas

scottas Guest

when you backed up your hdd, did you copy or move all the files?

7. scruby

scruby Guest

8. scruby

scruby Guest

Following up on what I posted earlier:

That fixed me right up!

I was fortunate enough to have done a "backup" in evox dashboard and to have unlocked my drive before powering off my xbox.

I burned xenium os version 2 beta onto a cdrw, went into recovery mode, and used the ftp server to grab c:\backup\eeprom.bin

I then used the programs and instructions at

http://arisme.free.fr/Xbox/Reflash/

burned a cd of xenium os 1.1 and went into recovery mode again to get xenium running v1.1

flashed the patched cromwell bios into the first 256k bank and started that bank.

dvd drive ejected and everything was good again.

GOOD LUCK!

9. madmodder

madmodder Member

Thanks for your comments Scrubby. Got electrecuted when fiddling with the xbox the other day. Always unplug the power when working next to the PS unit. Call myself an IT development engineer...Duh!

Will try your suggestions when I get the nerve up :p