1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer Brands

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by JSRife, Jun 24, 2004.

1. JSRife

JSRife Guest

Hello

2. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

what you could put a question in here ????

3. JSRife

JSRife Guest

Are all computers guts inside the same? If you buy an HP, Dell, Gateway, Sony , and so on....Is their any differences in quailty?

4. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

i think most are basically the same its just the pric thats different but then again you get what you pay for.like a mate of mine he paid £1300 for his dell and what was inside absolute crap hes now changed most of it in his first 6 months.

5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Not to mention custom made bios's :)

jrife: if you keep up these stupid one-word spamlike posts you're not gonna be around for a long time.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7N8X-X, XP2500+ OC'd to XP3200+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700 OC'd to PC3200
    480GB [3x160GB, 7200, 8MB]
    EVGA, GeForce4 Ti4600 128MB

Rules and Policies: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2004
  6. JSRife

JSRife Guest

Anyone ever seen a View Sonic Computer? I know they make Monitors all day, but I saw a View Sonic Computer, looked pretty damn nice. It looked like an Alienware machine a little, I think it was more built like an HP computer, you know the one that is called the Media, video machine or whatever...Made for digital edit and all that crap...

7. Praetor

Aye ive seen those Viewsonic systems... dunno what to make of them (they make wireless keyboards and mice too lol)

8. Kamran

Kamran Regular member

JsRife please tell me what your game is with these threads? are u gonna get a prize if you make a ass of yourself on afterdawn? am just curious

9. JSRife

JSRife Guest

No Afterdawn isn't offering any prizes for making new threads and making an ass of yourself. I was hoping I would get maybe a gift Certificate or something to Best Buy or something though :)

10. JSRife

JSRife Guest

Kamran....Believe it or not, People Post Threads on here, about computers, Hardware, Software...And all Computer related issues. Not making threads to impress, don't know enough about Computers to Impress, far from it, maybe that's why I make threads...Hmmm Ya never know.

11. JSRife

JSRife Guest

If I'm not interested in a certain thread(topic) or I think it's stupid, I got the option to not go to that thread. It's pretty effective.

12. JSRife

JSRife Guest

When I made this thread. The only thing I said is Hello...This is true, I just wanted to start this thread and thought it would be a good idea. Never seen any other thread that talks about different factory built computer systems like, Dell, HP, Gateway, and so on. Didn't really have a question on it, just wanted to start it up. If People can make threads about Mexicans, I think I can start a thread about Computers. I see alot of threads started without a question, they just go on and on about what kind of computer they got and how kick ass it is and such. Next People will be telling you what to write on here and how much of it. GEEZ

13. Praetor

Both of ya's friggen play nice or it's quiet time in the corner for ya both ;-P

Kamran: lay off, i think he got the idea about how to start a thread
    jsrife: next time, for your first post in a thread, try to be more informative than "hello" or "HP" and we'll all be the happier

:)

14. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

[/quote]JSRife (Newbie) 26 June 2004 21:17
    JSRife (Newbie) 26 June 2004 21:19
    JSRife (Newbie) 26 June 2004 21:24
    JSRife (Newbie) 26 June 2004 21:45[/quote]

All the same day, only a few minutes apart expect the last one.....

It is better off in 1 post instead of multiple.

I dont know if its just me, put seeing that is kind of annoying, when usually people just want to get their post count up.....

The 'basics' of a comptuer is the same, jsut differnt components, differnt brands etc... But basically the same.

Regards
    CoZZa

15. colw

colw Active member

another candidate for the 'some mothers do have em' club - 'they do not know what they do not know'.

16. Praetor

I do about 5 posts a minute ... you gonna start complaining now? (readies hot DDR memory)

I had the same thought (and I still have my reservations) but yeah jsrife, Cozza is right -- the basics of a midrange computer are about all the same, the basics for a budget system are about all the same but note the basics ofa bleeding edge system are nowhere near the same -- and note that I wrote essentially the same saentence out three times because you cant compare between price brackets and roles. I've just noted that you have a tendency to make this really wild comparisons -- and these comparisons either mean nothing or they dont give anything useful

Sounds like 1st year university students :p

17. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

Do you post 5 Posts a minute on the same Topic ?
    Thats what i was getting at. Same topic/thread a few minutes after each other.

Regards
    CoZZa

18. JSRife

JSRife Guest

Cozza1987.. You'll get over it.

19. Praetor

A bit odd yes but you'll live.

20. john179

john179 Active member

The best way to know you have value for money is by building your own system for a lot less.You know what is going in to it as you choose for yourself and hey it's great fun building it.Also believe me it is not that difficult to do.I had a friend help me with my pc which i hand picked part for part and was really good.But my mate was a real star as he know's it all and really taught me a lot.Now i feel i could complely build one from scratch on my own.