1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games to HDD.. no prob. Games to DVD-R.. thats another issue

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by TeamEgo, Jun 26, 2004.

1. TeamEgo

TeamEgo Guest

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST!!

I have successfully burned my BIOS and Slayer's 2.5, installed EvoX and even updated DVD2BOX using the same media (Verbatim Datalife DVD-R) I have a Plextor PX708-UF and have used Nero to burn the items mentioned above. Now, when I go to backup my games, I follow the procedures to the 'T'; Use FlashFXP to connect to my XBOX, copy the game to my computer, and then run ISOMAKER 2 to create the ISO. I then use Nero 6.3.1.1 to burn the image, again following all instructions exactly BUT, my XBOX will not read the burned discs. When I launch DVD2XBOX, it sees the size of the data that is on the disc but doesnt load the title thats on the disc and when i try to launch from the EvoX dashboard, it spins up, screen goes black for 3 - 5 seconds and then right back to the dashboard. I try booting up on the disc with the chip enabled and the system goes straight to the dash once again.

Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance!

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

May be a simple thing... But are you patching the .xbe files before you create your iso? When i backup my games i do it through my xbox d: and transfer directly to my pc that way, i know its slower but i have not had a single problem related to file name size.

I have never used 'iso maker 2' before maybe you should try the new craxtion 4 or qwix to see how it goes. If you dont have a seldf patching chip (such as aladdin advance) and you haven't patched the .xbe files this may be the problem...

Let me know how goes.

3. TeamEgo

TeamEgo Guest

Clarky, bro I think you hit it right on the head! Now I am officially feeling noobish. I have not patched my files at all. Up to this point I have been pulling the files straight off the XBOX DVD drive and not off the HD.

BTW, I have the Xecuter 2.3b Pro. Do you know if that is a self patching chip?

Also, is there a specific app you can recommend using to patch the files on the PC side?

Thanks again for your help!

4. clarky

clarky Regular member

Well sometimes it is the little things that we forget. I dont actually know if the chip you have is self patching.

I downloaded craxtion 4 last night but have not bought any new games to back up with it yet. QWIX is an awesome tool for patching .xbe files. You can download it from www.xbox-scene.com - tools - iso creators / extractors.

when you open qwix, go to tools, xbe patcher, and then open each .xbe file for patching. It only takes a few seconds. I believe the craxtion 4 version is awesome too, but as i said i haven't tried it myself yet (www.craxtion.com)

Let us know how you go.

I know your problem could well be the patching because i took one of my very first backups (before i knew about patching) to my bro's house and it wouldn't paly in his modded xbox. it would just loop through the dashboard over and over.

Anyway best of luck champ.

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

yeppers clarky is indeed right, qwix is a great program.
    theres also craxtion you can use which again, patches the xbe.
    Either of these 2 progs will be great for what you need.