AfterDawn: Tech news

Armed gunmen steal Modern Warfare 3 games from truck

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 07 Nov 2011 2:52 User comments (16)

Armed gunmen steal Modern Warfare 3 games from truck

6000 copies of the upcoming Modern Warfare 3 game were stolen this week in France, following a daring armed robbery.
The truck was crashed into by a car in southern Paris before two armed and masked individuals jumped out, tossed tear gas then stole the truck.

Reports say the lot is worth about 400,000 euros.

There was little other to report on the theft but French citizens are told to look out for stolen copies of the game selling before its official release date.

Previous Next  

16 user comments

17.11.2011 15:03

I wonder if they used MW2 to train for that heist?

27.11.2011 15:15

btw which platform were the discs for? PS3 XB360 or PC?

37.11.2011 15:30

a couple 16 year old punk as* virgins, who cant get a job.
so lets steak a truck, full of games. wow what a heist!! good job kids!!
I hope they get cought and find out what a "big boy" prison is really like. find out what its like to be a a man, or well get man handled.

morons.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Nov 2011 @ 3:33

47.11.2011 15:42

I wonder if anyone has considered the possibility that activision had something to do with this. It is after all, free publicity.

57.11.2011 16:09

Originally posted by CarpeSol:
I wonder if anyone has considered the possibility that activision had something to do with this. It is after all, free publicity.
Right... Like any call of duty game needs more publicity than they already get.

67.11.2011 22:32

Originally posted by xyqo:
Originally posted by CarpeSol:
Right... Like any call of duty game needs more publicity than they already get.
I think you underestimate activision's greed.

77.11.2011 22:51

I think I know one of the missions from GTA5...

87.11.2011 22:53

Originally posted by KillerBug:
I think I know one of the missions from GTA5...
lol

97.11.2011 23:10

Doubt it otherwise they would have knifed the driver from a mile away.

107.11.2011 23:14

1st it was a copy stolen from a warehouse in california.now a truck load stolen in france.dont think either of them happened this activision is making up bs stories on the internet to get publicity for the game.

118.11.2011 00:36

Originally posted by core2kid:
Doubt it otherwise they would have knifed the driver from a mile away.
No, only about 200 feet away.

128.11.2011 11:41

NICE....you reap what you sow.

138.11.2011 12:43

So a game which teaches gamers to be ruthless soldiers was the reason for a violent heist?????? Go figure.

148.11.2011 14:37

Originally posted by 1nsan3:
I hope they get cought and find out what a "big boy" prison is really like. find out what its like to be a a man, or well get man handled.

morons.
Tear gas isn't cheap, nore does it fall under category 2 licensing so either they got it from a cop or milvet or they purchased it from an underground supplier making it that much more expensive.

i doubt punks could even have ties like that, my bets on a larger organization getting into the stolen goods market.

159.11.2011 13:47

Wow that's some hardcore fans playing for real...

"There was little other to report on the theft but French citizens are told to look out for stolen copies of the game selling before its official release date."

So they can get it on the cheap?

Spose they have any idea what copies they are so they can ban them from on-line play?

1611.11.2011 13:07

Originally posted by DXR88:
Originally posted by 1nsan3:

morons.
Tear gas isn't cheap, nore does it fall under category 2 licensing so either they got it from a cop or milvet or they purchased it from an underground supplier making it that much more expensive.

i doubt punks could even have ties like that, my bets on a larger organization getting into the stolen goods market.
does anyone really think this was someone trying to play the game a day early?

400k euros is about half a million US dollars. Now that the game is released the theives can easily sell the games for 80-90% of that or wholesale the lot @50%.... they would need to steal jewelry worth five to ten times that to net the same amount.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive