1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by komkommer, Jun 26, 2004.

1. komkommer

komkommer Member

Who can help me. If i want to burn an xbox game is it only possible with alcohol 120%. When I want to start burning I need to set an optie. I can choose out ps2 ps audio cd and many more but the optie xbox is not there. No My question is do i need to set it playstation 2 or an other optie. (iam from holland)

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

it is only possible to burn the IMAGE you create with alcohol 120%. Not back up the game from scratch. you cant choose an xbox option because there isn't one. you cant burn the xbox games with just your pc. do some more searching (ie seamonkeys guides and the guides at www.xbox-scene.com) and you will get a good idea of what you need to have in order to back up your games.

as a very brief guide you need:

1 - you need a cross over cable for direct pc to xbox exchanges or a network setup.

2 - You need a new dash board for the xbox ie: Evox

3 - assign your xbox a static ip (in evox) which is in the same subnet as your computers

4 - Obtain a ftp program ie: Flash FXP

5 - create a new connection in Flash FXP - name - xbox password - xbox with you xbox's new ip address

6 - Open the connection between your comp and xbox
    through flash fxp or similar

7 - Open xbox drive, place game in, close xbox drive

8 - Wait 'til its finished reading the disk and then open the D: folder on your xbox through flash fxp or similar

9 - Create a folder on your pc for the game to go.

10- open that folder and copy ALL game data (from the d drive) into the new folder you just created.

11- when its complete (transfers fron d: to pc with a cross over are normally 1.5 meg a sec) patch the .xbe files with a program called qwix availiable from www.xbox-sceen.com - tools

12 - Create an iso from your data with QWIX (or similar)

13 - Burn as image on media suitable for YOUR version xbox

14 - PLAY