1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony Vaio and Problems with Giga Pocket/SMRT Capture!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by JasonJay, Jun 28, 2004.

1. JasonJay

JasonJay Member

Hey. Okay, so I bought a Sony Vaio PCV-RZ46G(UC) recently and it came with the "Giga Pocket" personal video recorder hardware. But no where on the computer can I find the "Giga Pocket" software that I've heard others talk about and what they use to capture analog video. Plus, if I ever try and capture with other programs, it tells me that the "SMRT Capture" (Giga Pocket) is in use by another program, which I've checked and it's not! The only program that does capture is "Click to DVD" but it automatically converts to MPEG's so I cannot edit it with other programs. I've even searched for the "Giga Pocket" on the computer and I cannot locate it, so I'm beginning to doubt it even came with it, but it only came with the "Sony Real-time MPEG Encoder Board". Someone help, can I capture AVI's somehow? Thanks. Can someone please help!!!
    -Jason

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Prolly isnt a default option ... did you check CDs? Website? :)

Does this baby have a driver? It might be a nice thing to try and reinstall the drivers :)