AfterDawn: Tech news

HP not giving up on webOS hardware

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 11 Dec 2011 2:43 User comments (2)

HP not giving up on webOS hardware HP has said it will not quit the webOS hardware business, although they would not put a roadmap on any future devices.
Even though the company said earlier in the year it was moving out of the webOS hardware business, new CEO Meg Whitman is going a different direction.

Says Whitman:

The answer to that is yes but what I can't tell you is whether that will be in 2012 or not. We will use webOS in new hardware, but it's just going to take us a little longer to reorganize the team in a quite different direction than we've been taking it in the past.

Whitman says tablets are a possibility.

Previous Next  

2 user comments

111.12.2011 18:43

Read the bottom of this post : $99 TouchPads are back, in one-day sale on eBay

My guess is that HP basically pulled a stunt to justify the decision to those who matter high up in HP, as "oh look if we can get the the price right people are really VERY interested in buying so we should save WEBOS and give ourselves a raise, we can make it work were HP"

YES people were interested, BUT not in WEBOS, NOT IN HP, in a $99 Touchpad with a 9.5" screen that ran DROID !!

YOU DUMB SMUCKS, I hope the fact all your staff have been quickly making a small fortune off your failed touchpad outside office hours (Christmas bonus anyone) whilst HP lost a hell of a lot of money since the first round of fire sales has made you happy !!

Who is letting them make such bad decisions internally, who decided you needed webos in the first place its a lemon i say, also who ever internally decided to sell and then not to sell the hardware division.. let me say, your making yourself look like a load of real idiots that cant decide which is your left from your right from the outside looking in at the moment.

If I was an investor right now, im pretty sure i would put my money into something else instead of HP...!

212.12.2011 12:35

LoL...seriously??? Maybe it really would be a good idea for them to get out of hardware; they clearly don't have a clue!

What exactly is their goal, to make an android tablet that comes without android pre-installed, thus saving the $5 in licensing fees???

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive