1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

probs creating evo iso

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by raven31, Jun 30, 2004.

1. raven31

raven31 Member

I keep trying to create an iso of evox and when i try to burn to disc it comes up as a winrar archive file and doesnt look like a iso file though thats what im saving it as, ive tried to burn anyway and all i get on xbox is dirty or damaged disc, what am i doing wrong

2. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

Burn Disk-At-Time, ISO 1996. What DVD drive do you have in your box, and what type of disk are you using?

3. raven31

raven31 Member

pretty sure its a thomson, tried aq cdrw and packard bell cdrw also tried ritek dvd-r and datasafe dvd-r
    ill try to burn at iso1996 dont think ive tried that yet

4. raven31

raven31 Member

created iso using both xiso and quix and they seem to have worked, i even included dummy file, file is now unreadable to pc, going to try craxtion to see if makes a difference

5. scottas

scottas Guest

create it with craxtion. What are you using to burn the disk? Nero? If so select disk image or saved project, select all formats, select your iso and burn it disk at once at slowest speed.

6. raven31

raven31 Member

trying now with craxtion having problems creating iso
    keeps saying cannot find default.xbe but i know its there

7. scottas

scottas Guest

make sure you open the parent directory, just selecting it doesn't work. It should be able to find it.

8. raven31

raven31 Member

done found it and created it but still not reading disc when put in xbox you can hear it try to start up but then stops and the message comes up tried 30-40 times ive tried to burn the image, tried by burning udf/iso and dvd-r, is there any other method apart from primo of burning, are there any other dasboards that are easier to load

9. raven31

raven31 Member

finally got dashboard to work after burning about 30 times finally tried a datewrite dvd-r red(v3) worked first time and now xbox is displaying evox dash, now to trying to install, ftping and back up. (dont worry im sure ill need more help with next steps)
    thanks for all the help