1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scsi

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by lachxbox, Jul 2, 2004.

1. lachxbox

lachxbox Member

i have acces to cheap scsi 80gig hard disk so i was wondering if anyone knows how to put a scsi hard disk in xbox

2. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Having worked in computer distribution I know there is an adapter that will allow you to use SCSI and IEEE interchangeably. However, I want to warn you that this will not allow you to use the advantage of SCSI speeds. But, sounds like you just want to save yourself a little cash and the adapter would certainly be a possibility. Final comment, the adapter may cost almost as much as a new hard drive...something you may want to consider. Good question though...finally...a good question to answer...Thank God.

3. lachxbox

lachxbox Member

yeh just trying to save cash coz cant afford dvd burner or big hard disk could this adaptor be made up i can soulder and stuff thanx for ur reply i realise it would be souldering 30 wires

Last edited: Jul 2, 2004
  4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Dont you mean "IDE"? And secondly, you got a link for that convertor? (always heard of the potential for something like that but never came across it before)

5. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Yeah that's what I meant but I know they make them. I am just not sure of the price.