1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up X-Box games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by mrmathers, Jul 4, 2004.

1. mrmathers

mrmathers Member

Hi, I'm new to this whole backup thing, but I've successfully burned a few working PS2 games (both CD and DVD).
    I just wanted to know if burning games for the X-box is exactly the same process (i.e. image burning for CD-r, and direct copying for DVD-r)?
    Also, are there any non-solder chips for the x-box like there are for PS2, as I am using the slide card + swap magic disks for PS2. Is there anything like that for xbox?
    Thanks a lot for your help

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

Q) is it the exact same process?

A) Far from it

Q) are there any non solder chips?

A) Yes

Q) swap magic

A) no

as a general guide (well actually an answer to the exact same topic name as this one, around 8 posts down) you will need

As a BRIEF rundown of what you will need - here is a short list of what you need to do. I urge you to check out seamonkeys guides (found at the top of the backing up page ie sticky topics) and the tutorials at www.xbox-scene.com so you can get some detailed information.

1 - you need a cross over cable for direct pc to xbox exchanges or a network setup.

2 - You need a new dash board for the xbox ie: Evox

3 - assign your xbox a static ip (in evox) which is in the same subnet as your computers

4 - Obtain a ftp program ie: Flash FXP

5 - create a new connection in Flash FXP - name - xbox password - xbox with you xbox's new ip address

6 - Open the connection between your comp and xbox
    through flash fxp or similar

7 - Open xbox drive, place game in, close xbox drive

8 - Wait 'til its finished reading the disk and then open the D: folder on your xbox through flash fxp or similar

9 - Create a folder on your pc for the game to go.

10- open that folder and copy ALL game data (from the d drive) into the new folder you just created.

11- when its complete (transfers fron d: to pc with a cross over are normally 1.5 meg a sec) patch the .xbe files with a program called qwix availiable from www.xbox-sceen.com - tools

12 - Create an iso from your data with QWIX (or similar)

13 - Burn as image on media suitable for YOUR version xbox

14 - PLAY