AfterDawn: Tech news

Kinect-controlled Internet Explorer coming to Xbox 360

Written by James Delahunty @ 11 May 2012 1:17 User comments (3)

Kinect-controlled Internet Explorer coming to Xbox 360 Microsoft finally bringing full browser to console.
The Verge cites sources who inform it that Microsoft is working on a version of Internet Explorer 9 for the Xbox 360 console. The full browser lets Xbox 360 users finally surf the web using the console, which is a feature that has been a long time coming.

According to the sources, Microsoft has integrated Kinect voice and gesture control to the browser, although you won't need to have Kinect to use the browser.

There is no indication of when Microsoft is planning to deliver the new browser to Xbox consoles, but E3 is approaching again so it could be officially confirmed very soon.

Previous Next  

3 user comments

111.5.2012 22:50

I still cannot comprehend why there was never a browser for the system in the first place.

212.5.2012 04:06

For the same reason when Sony finally came to their senses,get rid of the gimmicky bloated garbage & concentrate on what the unit was made for "video games" & lets face it do "YOU" really need another console with a web browser. re:your sig,i can't view the pics i've run out of bb width so loading will take too long however i assume the ps2 has one,christ! dialup speed is frak'n painfull i'd forgotten how slow it was,no matter only anther 3 days till reset yippee

312.5.2012 11:43

to use this must have xbox live gold ... make sense since if the browser is free then no need to buy gold to use their apps which you need gold

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive