1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Codec Package for Win 7 Media Player

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kwhiz01, Jun 15, 2012.

1. kwhiz01

kwhiz01 Member

I tried to install the codec pakg but I get a message that says (IN RED) that all codec related installations must be removed before installing this new package. How do I remove "all codec related installations"?
    Since the message is in red, it hints at dire consequences if I just proceed on with the installation of this new package.

kwhiz01

2. aldan

aldan Active member

what codec package are you trying to install? ive always used the k-lite codec pack and never had a problem.

3. kwhiz01

kwhiz01 Member

It was the Win7codecs_v366 that was shown on AfterDawn yesterday to be installed into Windows Media Player for Windows 7 and would allow it to play additional formats. It was listed as a new replacement for Windows 7.
    Thanks.

4. aldan

aldan Active member

it sounds like you already have some sort of codec pack installed.if so it should be uninstalled prior to installing the new pack.if you want to avoid all this crap with wmp,download the vlc media player.no codec pack needed.it will play pretty much anything you throw at it.

5. kwhiz01

kwhiz01 Member

I have not installed any codec pack since re-installing Windows 7 but I have installed Nero; could be its multimedia pack. Will try deleting it.

Thanks.

6. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

Since the scene switched there rules to x264 I've been having issues playing that format. k-lite codec pack with Windows media center in most cases it's like watching Kung Fu theater where audio is out of sync then I try and use VLC and the video gets all jacked. What am I to do :))

Vista Ult x64

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Is VLC up to date? It should play x264 fine; perhaps the file is corrupt.