AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Reviewing Chrome OS 21: Google gives the operating system a face lift

news article released on:

Over the last few weeks, Google has introduced new Chrome OS products like the Samsung Chromebox and a line of new notebooks. More importantly, however, was the unveiling of Chrome OS 20, the first real "face lift" for the operating system. For this review, we will take a look at what's new in version 20 and 21, as used on the Google CR-48 beta Chromebook. First off, I will be clear ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 8 messages.

I was aware of Chrome OS but never thought that it'll succeed or yet live on
▼▼ This topic has 7 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Nickoliee Unverified new user
Whatever facelift they're going to plaster, this crap OS is just only a toy. I won't even call this an Operating System, a browser only for grade schoolers.
Originally posted by Nickoliee:
Whatever facelift they're going to plaster, this crap OS is just only a toy. I won't even call this an Operating System, a browser only for grade schoolers.
I don't understand why you think that. This OS carries the unique ability to utilize the Cloud to its fullest, though I'm not sure of the specifics myself. A while longer in development and it'll turn out to be another market broken into by Google.
All we need is a Google console, eh?
I'd say this OS has the unique ability to tie you to a company's revenue stream, nothing more. "Cloud computing" was EXPRESSLY invented to keep people on the corporate teat, after all.
Until they increase it's offline abilities it's still severely hindered.
I have a CR-48 and for a free computer it's very cool, but completely useless without net service.

Oh, Im sorry... Did the middle of my sentence interrupt the beginning of yours?
i want google to get into the automotive market
If android is anything to go by I think chrome os should succeed. BTW how is this any different from the diskless stations. In today's times internet connectivity is almost as good as network connectivity. All they need to do is have something like possibility to mini boot from an sd card !

I am looking forward to getting my hands on the latest iteration of Asus tablet or Google Nexus. I just might abandon my desktop systems altogether!. As such we already have 7" tablets with addon keyboard, 720p display, 12mbps 1080p capable mini hdmi and USB ports for under US $ 170/=
__benny__ Unverified new user
Originally posted by senator29:
i want google to get into the automotive market
Because you want a free car , that drives by itself ? :-)
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.

Links related to this topic