AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Anonymous: We will avenge Demonoid

news article released on:

Hacktivist group Anonymous has claimed it will wreak havoc on the Ukranian government for their part in taking down popular torrent tracker Demonoid. Reads the AnonPR post: "Last week, our generous green friend, the Demonoid, was met with a state sponsored Distributed Denial of Service attack...These illegal actions were then followed up with a raid by Ukraine authorities. In retaliation ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 49 messages.

Midgardr Unverified new user
Please make them hurt :D and if you can help in facilitating the return or Demoniod all the better. Thanks for doing something ;)
▼▼ This topic has 48 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
DrDeth Unverified new user
Power to the peeps..!
anonnnnnnn Unverified new user
Hack The Planet
DGaF420 Unverified new user
GET EM"!!
punktoe Unverified new user
we will now bring this in to my real life.....if i cant go home
and zone out and down load some shit....well now the rest of you will have to pay! sorry they did it to me...punktoe....
Longlivedemonoid Unverified new user
LONG LIVE DEMONOID!!!!
ohnooo Unverified new user
it looks like the domain demonoid.me is up for sale now...i wonder what that means?
Looks like a lot of fakes like this article.
my son was right they are down.
ghebert Unverified new user
Burn the f***ers to the ground! I used to download from Demonoid and buy what I liked. 30 second samples are not the same as listening to an album...the way the artist intended. Demonoid was great for finding music that no other torrent site had...If I can't listen to it I sure as hell won't be buying it you RIAA f***heads. Anonymous has my full support.
MrRight Unverified new user
If they can by some miracle bring Demonoid back it would definitely make up for those Lulzsec tools.
gogreen13 Unverified new user
yes i miss demonoid i too would love to punish those responsible for the take down go!! ANONYMOUS! They have a badass logo i want a tattoo of that who do i ask for permision !!!!
insurgency Unverified new user
sigh... not demonoid..
whoyouwishyouwere Unverified new user
Originally posted by gogreen13:
yes i miss demonoid i too would love to punish those responsible for the take down go!! ANONYMOUS! They have a badass logo i want a tattoo of that who do i ask for permision !!!!
just do it. everyone is anonymous
Originally posted by gogreen13:

Asking a pirate torrent site for permission to use their logo is more than a little ironic.
edited by ddp
do you know these children tricks? I doubt it. that's what you call skills.
don't kid yourself
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Aug 2012 @ 12:43
Frankly, LOIC (Low Orbit Ion Cannon, a DDoS tool popular with Anonymous) doesn't take any "skills" to use. While there certainly are skilled hackers who work with Anonymous, the vast majority of members are merely the lowest grade of "script-kiddie", running prepackaged software and congratulating themselves on their "1337 h4x0r 5k1llz" - lol...

Conversely, while I certainly don't elevate them to some kind of pedestal, I feel that groups like Anonymous are necessary, if not inevitable, in the current, rather authoritarian digital age. Governments and large corporations have zero concern about the rights of their citizens vs. overly-broad copyright laws and draconian punishments (longer than for murder, in many cases!) for various digital infringements. The US and the UK are prime examples of this kind of BS.

My point? Content providers have pretty much made their own bed, and now they get to sleep in it.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Aug 2012 @ 10:27
this sucks ASS. -_-
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Aug 2012 @ 11:04
Yes I'm quite sure DDoSing Mexican police sites and dropping Brazilian sites will make demonoid come back for sure.

Freebie shit doesn't pay for server costs and Anomymous doesn't want to pay for anything so it'll never happen.

I'm sure this will come back up like how they brought back that file site the US chopped down 6 months ago, that kim dotcom owned.
xtago, this has already happened before to Demonoid, when their servers were in Canada, so there IS reason to believe Demonoid may come back
not only that Bozo, but how many times has TPB come back from the dead?

Account Created Saturday 12 January 2008. After 5 years I consider myself a Sr. Member no matter WHAT my post count says.
He will come back I know but unfortunately this time I dought he will be able to use his demon logo. Will have to go more private
like axxo but it wont be the same. Yes go for it anonymous please.
If you all have noticed the domains are for sale but not the data.
I hope they come back.
What I find most amusing about the sale of the domain names, is that anyone would think that Demonoid users would give a rat's ass about any other company/organization that tried to use the name. Some people are complete idiots about metrics - lol...
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.