1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DeCSS + Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by starful, Jul 10, 2004.

1. starful

starful Member

hi, quick question for the masters... im using DeCSS to decrypt... and Nero to burn... but once i deCSS, i dont really know what to do. i put the decrypted files in the 'video_ts' folder in my blank disc, but it wont play in my dvd player. do i need to do something different?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Starful, Welcome to our forum,

I haven't heard of anyone using DeCSS to rip a DVD in the last few years. Generally it's considered a first generation ripper. Assuming that it's what you are using, can you answer the following:

What size are the files you have on your HD ?

Do you have any files other than VOB's ?
    What are they ?

When you were using Nero,

Where you trying to burn it in the Express mode OR the Classic mode ?

Providing me with the answers to those questions I can help you find where you went astray :)

Pete

3. john179

john179 Active member

What version of Nero is it your using.Nero 6 is the most compatible with stand a lone dvd players.I use to have problems with compatibility with earlier versions.You don't mention if you have squeezed the film down to fit on the disc or if it was a size to fit.Have you checked to make sure you dragged all the files across when using Nero.Your backed up dvd should contain the same amount of files in the video_ts file as the original unless you left some off to make it fit.In this case you may have left something off important.Check out the AD guides to see if you made a error along the way.

4. starful

starful Member

i am using nero 6 ultra edition... no the movie is under 4.36 or whatever... it fits... there are IFO files, BUP files, and VOB files.. everything decrypted ok.

5. john179

john179 Active member

It could be the media.See if it plays ok on your pc and if so it might not be a good readable media for your player.If this does not work check out the guides on this site to see if you completed everything correctly.There is a guide for Nero 6 on this site as as long as you ripped the film to your hard drive ok you should just follow the guide to complete the rest.If this does not work i can do a complete break down for you.

6. starful

starful Member

ok, the vob files dont play right... what program should i use instead of Decss? do you think that is the problem? thanks

7. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Last edited: Jul 10, 2004
  8. john179

john179 Active member

Smartripper is a good programe to rip your files to the drive and usually indicates if there is a problem with any of the vob files.I have had a few of late where smartripper has said some files are locked so i then switch to dvd decrypter which is also a good ripper.This usually then sorts the problem out.