AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

uTorrent makes new ads optional, also discusses making client lighter

news article released on:

Last week we reported that uTorrent, the most popular free torrent client, will now get ads as BitTorrent Inc. looks to pay its hefty bills. Until this week, users had the option to install a sponsored toolbar during the installation process, but now whether you install it or not you will be hit with ads in the form of "featured torrents." These featured torrents will range from software ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

"Various paths to getting there"..? Seriously? STOP ADDING SILLY BLOAT. There's a reason so many users won't use any version past 2.2.1.
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I wish they'd all just wake up & realise we don't need yet another media player or social networking portal or any of the rest of the cr@p they bloat out their stuff with.

A nice light bittorrent client is all I ask, please.
I never accept any of the bloatware offerings, and make a definite point of turning off the auto-update function whenever I upgrade the installation, but with each new move toward intrusive crapware treatment by the developers I'm getting more and more inclined to simply uninstall it completely.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.