AfterDawn: Tech news

Wii U selling for up to $1000 on secondary markets

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 05 Oct 2012 10:21 User comments (8)

Wii U selling for up to $1000 on secondary markets

Last month, Nintendo finally revealed the price of their upcoming Wii U console, with the base model selling for $299 and a Deluxe model selling for $349.
The console goes on sale in the U.S. on November 18th.

Pre-orders have sold out at all major retailers, and Nintendo has noted demand will likely exceed supply well into launch.

Wii U Deluxe set pre-orders are on sale via eBay, at a 60 percent mark-up, meaning prices above $550 for the console. The base model is selling for an average 15 percent premium.

Elsewhere, some sellers on Amazon have gone off their rockers and are offering the console for $1000.

Previous Next  

8 user comments

15.10.2012 23:13

Some people will pay for it too. I pre-ordered mine but if I couldn't get one right away there is no way I would pay more for one.

26.10.2012 13:50

Same and i think 1000 dollars for a console are you stoned or just completely off your rocker indeed and your thinking people are going to give you 1000 dollars for a console with 8 gig's of storage not just the deluxe model but the base models going for this as well.

36.10.2012 16:11

That's what you get for laziness. People should have kept an eye on Amazon and pre-ordered their console. But then, I'm lecturing and counting my chickens before they hatch. Amazon better F******g deliver!!!!

46.10.2012 16:50

Originally posted by Frogfart:
That's what you get for laziness. People should have kept an eye on Amazon and pre-ordered their console. But then, I'm lecturing and counting my chickens before they hatch. Amazon better F******g deliver!!!!
Amazon did not participate in the pre-order FYI. I guess Amazon and Nintendo are fighting or something.

57.10.2012 14:47

Originally posted by bobiroc:
Amazon did not participate in the pre-order FYI. I guess Amazon and Nintendo are fighting or something.
Pre-ordered mine on Amazon.co.uk and it's due delivery on 3rd December. Ordered the Zombie Premium Pack Black version £329.00.

67.10.2012 14:58

Originally posted by bobiroc:
Pre-ordered mine on Amazon.co.uk and it's due delivery on 3rd December. Ordered the Zombie Premium Pack Black version £329.00.
Hmmm then maybe it was just Amazon in the US. Saw several articles like this one: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/9/1...lable-pre-order

All hinted that Amazon and Nintendo were in some sort of dispute.

77.10.2012 17:15

Remember the time when a Playstation 2 sold for about $10000 on EBay, and someone bought it only to find it was an empty box. The person who bought it went to sue the seller of the console only to find out in court he couldn't get shit because EBay wasn't responsible what's sold inside the box, and the judge threw out the case. Yep, I can see this happened all over again...

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Oct 2012 @ 5:17

88.10.2012 15:46

This is the Wii all over again. Wasn't Nintendo nearly taken to court for fabricating false shortages last time?

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive