AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Hacker gets pay day from Google for cracking Chrome

news article released on:

A hacker who goes by the name "Pinkie Pie" has had a nice pay day. Pinkie Pie was paid $60,000 by Google for hacking the Chrome browser during the ongoing Hack in the Box Conference event in Kuala Lampur. Google allows hackers to attack their Chrome browser as long as they report vulnerabilities. The grand prize was $60,000 for anyone who found a "full exploit." All partial exploits ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 10 messages.

great for him :)
▼▼ This topic has 9 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by A5J4DX:
Could be a her. I mean, what self respecting guy would go by the name "Pinkie Pie"? lol I kid of course, but seems more like a chick to me.
Well good for whoever did it, and didn't abuse it. That's a nice chuck of money.
I wish I was that good with computers. I'd use my powers for good like that. Would be nice.
Originally posted by bigdan45:
Could be a her. I mean, what self respecting guy would go by the name "Pinkie Pie"? lol I kid of course, but seems more like a chick to me.
- but remember Hitler's handle was Hot Cheeks
Lampwick Unverified new user
Originally posted by attar:
Originally posted by bigdan45:
- but remember Hitler's handle was Hot Cheeks
Brilliant
I love how Google won't reveal the vulnerability until "After" the patch. You would think consumers would have a right to know "before" the patch.
Originally posted by Mysttic:
I love how Google won't reveal the vulnerability until "After" the patch. You would think consumers would have a right to know "before" the patch.
IMHO a good move by Google. Revealing the vulnerability before opens the doors for other hackers to exploit it and compromise users PC's.

Remember it is only a handful of users who are tech savvy enough to be able to protect themselves.
Maybe Sony should take notes from Google on this topic.

OH YES ... THERE WILL BE BLOOD.
Originally posted by Mysttic:
Are you joking? It's better than Microsoft's strategy of running a report of the mechanics behind exactly how a newly discovered exploit works, then patches it two months later.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.

Links related to this topic