AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Apple posts 'apology' to Samsung on UK website

news article released on:

Apple 'apology' doesn't seem very sincere. The company had been ordered earlier this month to publish apologies to Samsung for claiming that the South Korean firm had ripped off its iPhone and iPad with the Galaxy brand of smartphones and tablets. Today, Apple had taken those steps, posting a link on its UK site's mainpage to a note about the ruling in the UK. However, if this was ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 11 messages.

Samsung: "Apology accepted?"
▼▼ This topic has 10 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
"Apology not good enough. $18 Billion to Samsung."
Could Apple make themselves look any more small?

This is pathetic.....like as if crusty old British judges are the arbiters of 'cool' anyway.

The truth is one smart phone looks much like another & Apple's claim to various patents over the look are laughable.

Samsung ought to counter-sue in downtown Seoul, just as Apple did in their hometown - it was the only place Apple could get a win, they had failed in the UK, Germany & Holland before that.
I think Apple should be held in Contempt of Court, but not my call so meh.
so this is what constitutes an apology these days?looks like an apple advert to me.
I didn't see an apology. Only a sorta-acceptance of the ruling.
Zoo_Look Suspended account
I think Apple should be burned at the stake alongside patent lawyers, the US patent office, Lucy Koh, anyone who buys apple products, anyone who owns apple products, anyone who uses apple products, anyone who defends apple products, anyone who thinks apple products are "cool", jury foremen who lie under oath...

Did I miss anyone?
Originally posted by Zoo_Look:
I think Apple should be burned at the stake alongside patent lawyers, the US patent office, Lucy Koh, anyone who buys apple products, anyone who owns apple products, anyone who uses apple products, anyone who defends apple products, anyone who thinks apple products are "cool", jury foremen who lie under oath...

Did I miss anyone?
We're gonna need alot of iLogs
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Nov 2012 @ 14:40
Yeah it doesn't look anything like an apology to me. It just looks like Apple advertising. "Our products are 'cooler'". Just a shame its products aren't "better".
Originally posted by Notcow:
"Apology not good enough. $18 Billion to Samsung."
How funny, I was right. Apple was just told their apology was not good enough, and it now has to be on their homepage, as well as an actual apology Maybe I should move to the UK.

Also, they tried to tell the court they needed two weeks...nope. 48 hours. Awesome.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Nov 2012 @ 15:19
good for the brits.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.