AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Review: The iPad Mini

news article released on:

After months of rumors and leaks, Apple took the wrapping paper off its iPad Mini tablet, a smaller variant of its popular market leading tablet. In an effort to compete better with smaller, cheaper (yet powerful) tablets, such as the Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire HD, the iPad Mini has a 7.9-inch display and features specs mixed between 2011's iPad 2 and early 2012's third-generation iPad. ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 11 messages.

I remember when Apple took an iPod Touch, made it bigger, and called it an iPad. Brilliant.

And then Apple took an iPad, made it smaller, and called it an iPad mini. Brilliant.

Elsewhere in the news, many manufacturers are releasing tablets that have the same OS as we have on our desktop computers. Not just "tablet versions" with watered-down productivity tools.

But they're probably fools. New form factors is where the future is really at.
▼▼ This topic has 10 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I'll be waiting for a couple of release cycles until it's got retina and 8? cores
papasin Unverified new user
i have the ipad mini and its way better than nexus put together shit tablet and the kindle fire...lol thats a joke. hdmi ports!! you cares!! apple makes solid products and customer service is way better than the other 2 tablets i mentioned. i guess your too cool to like apple. dont have the money? dont buy it! i had both of those tablets and they sucked!! the nexus touch screen was a joke! your lucky if you get a good one. with apple, you always get the best!!
papasin Unverified new user
retina retina retina retina retina retina retina retina retina retina retina!!!!!!!! thats all i hear! again, who cares!! retina sucks the battery dry and i can see just fine on the mini and my ipad 2. nothing but complaints! edited by ddpb][/b]
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 03 Nov 2012 @ 22:39
Originally posted by papasin:
i have the ipad mini and its way better than nexus put together shit tablet and the kindle fire...lol thats a joke. hdmi ports!! you cares!! apple makes solid products and customer service is way better than the other 2 tablets i mentioned. i guess your too cool to like apple. dont have the money? dont buy it! i had both of those tablets and they sucked!! the nexus touch screen was a joke! your lucky if you get a good one. with apple, you always get the best!!
You could have paid $180.00 MORE and got a brand new ipad!

But then again, I guess YOU wouldn't be "cool" and have the latest apple toy, now would you?

You sound like a complete fanboy!

Just because people call this overpriced, does not make them wrong and you right!
Originally posted by papasin:
you don't even seem to be a diehard apple fanboy, rather appear to be a pure isheep. nexus is shit? its touch screen is a joke? you don't care about HDMI? you are in a walled garden, how would you realize the beauty of the world? the latest nexus simply blows away ipad mini in terms of specs, let's not even talk about other advantages. the touchscreen in average/high-end android devices is as good as that in iOS devices. HDMI is world's standard and only adapter in the world now that can transfer HD video/audio through a single cable; it is stupid apple only who did not realize this (and therefore, eliminated from imacs, duh!).
the reviewer may like the design (of course, this is a personal choice); however, i have always disliked the look of silver like surface; it just looks gaudy, and hence, unprofessional.
apple has always been better than others only in a few areas like customer service and ecosystem; nobody should complain, IMO.

ASUS G73JW | Intel Core i7-740QM, 1.73GHz | 8GB DDR3 | Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M, 1.5GB | OCZ 120GB SSD + Seagate 500GB Hybrid 7200rpm | 17.3" FHD/3D | Blu-ray Write | Win7Pro64
It's an ipad. Smaller. Those that scream & cream Apple will hug it with open arms & those that are less than loving will have those negative connotations in accordance.

I simply don't see this device as any kind of break though other than, it's smaller.

Originally posted by LordRuss:
It's an ipad. Smaller. Those that scream & cream Apple will hug it with open arms & those that are less than loving will have those negative connotations in accordance.

I simply don't see this device as any kind of break though other than, it's smaller.
a lot of people want smaller, and want an IOS.
Originally posted by guy8689:
a lot of people want smaller, and want an IOS.

right, but not at $329. yet another overpriced product from apple.

ASUS G73JW | Intel Core i7-740QM, 1.73GHz | 8GB DDR3 | Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M, 1.5GB | OCZ 120GB SSD + Seagate 500GB Hybrid 7200rpm | 17.3" FHD/3D | Blu-ray Write | Win7Pro64
Please keep buying these wonderfully overpriced, but highly profitable, Apple products. Thanks, An Apple stockholder
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 08 Nov 2012 @ 11:16
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.