AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Welcome back, Demonoid

news article released on:

Demonoid's tracker has returned to functionality. After being taken down three months ago, in a raid that many thought would be the last nail in the coffin for the semi-private torrent tracker, thousands of torrents have returned. The site's index and forum remain down, however, as the team works to bring the entire site back online. Over the summer, Demonoid was hit by a massive ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 100 messages.

is it still demonoid.me?
▼▼ This topic has 99 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
YES!!!!!!!

Originally posted by zergpro:
is it still demonoid.me?

The tracker has the same URL as before, or it simply wouldn't work in the example given. The website, on the other hand, is almost guaranteed to have a different URL, as the previous one was seized.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Nov 2012 @ 18:06
Well I hope the new URL comes to the web soon. I have been missing demonoid.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 12 Nov 2012 @ 19:25
Oh happy day....lol :)
Demonoid always interested me. Shame you can't sign up anymore, otherwise I would probably use it regularly.

Good to see another major Torrent site rise from the grave, though.
You can sign up with an invite from a current member.
hydr02012 Unverified new user
i thougt the domain was for sale larst time i checked?
I thought the site was decent and i used it frequently.
Just tried to access it,no luck.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 15 Nov 2012 @ 17:37
Only the tracker is back up, at the moment.
Originally posted by Notcow:
Demonoid always interested me. Shame you can't sign up anymore, otherwise I would probably use it regularly.

(removed this statement because of stoopid members who can't read)

It's great just seeing the tracker back up, that means they're working on it at least. We'll still have to wait and see just how much of the site and member data they were able to save or retrieve from any backups they had.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 06 Jan 2013 @ 14:39
Dear ChappyTTV:

Please send me the website to sign up and your invite.

Thanks
Originally posted by LeeSally:
Dear ChappyTTV:

Thanks

Do I know you?
I'm ultimately responsible for anyone I invite so I would have to know that you are able to maintain a good ratio.
Besides that, the site is not back up...yet, so there's no invites available.
Originally posted by ChappyTTV:
Dear ChappyTTV:

Thanks

Do I know you?
I'm ultimately responsible for anyone I invite so I would have to know that you are able to maintain a good ratio.

Don't take this as ill-meant, LessSally; ChappyTTV is merely acting as a good invite-based site member is supposed to.
Originally posted by Bozobub:
Dear ChappyTTV:

Thanks

Do I know you?

Don't take this as ill-meant, LessSally; ChappyTTV is merely acting as a good invite-based site member is supposed to.
Thanx Bozobub, I guess it did come off a bit harsh didn't it.

He's right though LessSally, whenever we invite someone, all their activity counts against the member who invited them. If you got banned for any reason, I would be banned as well. And if you turned out to be a huge Leecher, I could be banned for that too so it's good to know who you're inviting.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 30 Nov 2012 @ 19:48
Originally posted by Notcow:

WHEN the web site and forums are back online, PM me and I'll send you an invite.

It's great just seeing the tracker back up, that means they're working on it at least. We'll still have to wait and see just how much of the site and member data they were able to save or retrieve from any backups they had.
Thanks for the invite! I appreciate it. I'll be sure to do that when the tracker comes back online, if the offer still stands then.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Dec 2012 @ 11:07

Thanks
Originally posted by faildamn69:

Thanks

Read the thread, please.
DemoidStar Unverified new user
Is this lil green devil back up yet!!! Its 2013 leggoooo...(i know tracker is up but other than that)
OK...will (some of) you people STOP PM'ing me for invites to Demonoid please!!!
Read the f'ing article, they don't exist anymore and I'm getting a little pissed off about these continuous PM's looking for invites...enough already
lol

AD Guides: http://www.afterdawn.com guides/
Console Mod Tuts: http://www.realmodscene.com/

Ah, God...

Asking for invites to a site that's not even up - that also, btw, penalizes users for giving out invites randomly - is boneheaded, at best. Anyone should rather die in a fire than humor such boorish behavior -.-' .
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 05 Jan 2013 @ 13:14
Originally posted by scorpNZ:
lol
Hey

I guess it was slightly humorous for the first couple of PM's but that was quickly replaced with a scream of "Learn to F'ING READ People!!!" by the 6th one, and yesterday's 8th PM on the matter was enough for me to run outside and beat the crap out of a perfect stranger who was unlucky enough to be walking past my door at the time. I guess I should apologize to that poor old lady when she's released from hospital....
Originally posted by Bozobub:
Ah, God...

Asking for invites to a site that's not even up - that also, btw, penalizes users for giving out invites randomly - is boneheaded, at best. Anyone should rather die in a fire than humor such boorish behavior -.-' .
Funny you should put it that way since I'm a Firefighter/Medic
;)

It wasn't until the advent of the Interweb & these types of public forums that I realized stupidity is not just a localized disease. In fact, it seems that those people I previously thought were truly moronic, are in truth pure geniuses compared to what is out there right now, mindlessly tapping away at little plastic squares that transmit whatever comes into their flaccid little brains and displays it for all to see.
i would love to get sign up
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.