AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

HTC bashes reports of Apple settlement estimates

news article released on:

Two weeks ago, Apple and HTC announced an end to their global patent war, agreeing to a 10-year licensing agreement. Last week, Sterne Agee analyst Shaw Wu said industry sources told him Apple will get between $6-$8 for every HTC phone sold. Today, HTC has slammed that report, calling it outrageous. "I think that these estimates are baseless and very, very wrong. It is a outrageous ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

Maybe a little misinformation from Apple to juice their falling stock? Hmmmmm, I guess we'd have to know the industry "sources" first though.
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
For all we know the report was accurate and HTC just doesn't want people to know that they are giving money to Apple when they buy one of their phones.

Originally posted by Justoneguy:
Maybe a little misinformation from Apple to juice their falling stock? Hmmmmm, I guess we'd have to know the industry "sources" first though.
This was my first thought too.

*\\\****//\\\***//\\\*****
**\\\**//**\\\*//**\\\*******
***\\\//****\\\ ****\\\****
It just 'erks' me that I'm paying Apple something in a third or fourth handed kind of way as it is.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.