AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

EU imposes record fine on cartel that includes LG, Panasonic, Philips

news article released on:

The European Commission has imposed a record fine for antitrust against six major companies for practicing as a cartel for the better part of a decade. Philips, LG Electronics, Panasonic, Samsung SDI, Toshiba and Technicolor will have to pay 1.47 billion euros together for their part. EC officials concluded the companies fixed prices on CRT monitors and TVs for years, meeting in secret ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Racket? Anti Trust? GO AFTER THE DAMN FILM AND MUSIC INDUSTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations
http://zippydsmlee.deviantart.com/
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I wonder how these fines compare to how much the illegal practices netted them in income.
One of the biggest reasons I have to not like Samsung: their price fixing. I can't get over how such an innovative and consumer-oriented company can go about taking the huge PR and financial risk of racketeering. Shame, shame.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.