AfterDawn: Tech news

Amazon reveals GTA V release date

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 06 Dec 2012 10:15 User comments (22)

Amazon reveals GTA V release date Although Rockstar Games has not yet officially revealed the date, Amazon has let it slip.
GTA V will hit the PS3 and the Xbox 360 on June 19th, on the very edge of the publisher's promised "Spring" release date.

Rockstar has said they are "considering" other platforms like PC and Wii U, but has to judge the potential profitability of the platforms.

The game, which follows the story line of three main protagonists, is said to have a world two times bigger than Liberty City and San Andreas combined.

Check the trailer here: GTA V Trailer #2

Previous Next  

22 user comments

16.12.2012 23:04
Joekill95
Unverified new user

Suspicious that it's

Quote:
on the very edge
of spring.

Ever think that the date is just a placeholder? Obviously not. Now stop spreading rumors.

27.12.2012 15:46

I'd only buy on PC......don't own an XBox or PS3 and never will. PC gaming rocks and is the only platform for "true gamers".

37.12.2012 16:11
blit
Unverified new user

Originally posted by hearme0:
I'd only buy on PC......don't own an XBox or PS3 and never will. PC gaming rocks and is the only platform for "true gamers".
hey, guess what? no one cares! its because of you pc idiots pirating and cracking all the games and movies online that movie tickets now cost 20$ and video games cost 60$. and the best game of 2013 will do just fine without your buy im sure too dude.

47.12.2012 16:14
Tom22
Unverified new user

Wow, I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but you're completely wrong. I own a PS3, an Xbox, and Gaming PC. I play the Xbox and Pc the most, and have fun on all 3. Your claim of "true" gamer is just invalid and straight up incorrect.

If MLG players who play Halo aren't "True" gamers, or the basement dwellers with thousands of hours on the countless other games aren't "true" gamers, then inform what what is.

57.12.2012 17:39

Originally posted by blit:
hey, guess what? no one cares! its because of you pc idiots pirating and cracking all the games and movies online that movie tickets now cost 20$ and video games cost 60$. and the best game of 2013 will do just fine without your buy im sure too dude.
really...really are your one of of the ignorant lot that blame pc gamers. heck its a know fact that pirates buy more games, and the movie industry blame piracy for poor sales, they need to make some decent films not the crap that they put out.

67.12.2012 18:38

wow! cool

78.12.2012 01:06

Lookie Lookie we got ourselves a bada$$ right here. Do you feel better now that you got that out of your system. I happen to think "True Gamers" appreciate gaming on all the available mediums be it a computer, a console, a hand held or even a phone or tablet. Locking yourself to one platform because you feel the others are below your self proclaimed hardcore status is just a sign of your own immaturity and insecurity.

88.12.2012 02:19
DP111
Unverified new user

I hate consoles because it limits what the devs can do on the PC. Usually us PC gamers get shitty ports of console games.

As for those that blame piracy on PC users, stfu. Go read.

98.12.2012 12:17

Remember how delayed GTA 4 was? I bought my xbox 360 elite JUST for that game and then had to wait almost 6 months for it to be released. One of these days I'll finish it.

108.12.2012 13:51

First day buy for me. The PC version anyhow. Xbox and PS3 games are dumbed down in my opinion, to run on lower end hardware :p

My brother has a PS3, and plays GTA IV. While I think it looks good, my PC runs it a bit better. Gran Turismo is the only reason I'd buy a PS3. Frankly, not quite enough.

If something is worth it, I'll buy it. I've been buying the Star Trek TNG Blu-Ray editions. It's pretty obvious to me, that their efforts are worth it.

I've been known to download games, to see if they're worth buying. Take this as you will. And I NEVER download Cams. One, the video/audio quality is appalling, and it effects the experience. Two, theatrical presentations are indeed, how the movie industries make their money. It's just plain wrong LOL! I guess I could see some people downloading one, and stopping it partway in, deciding, YUP, it's worth it! LOL! And then there are the leeches, with no regard for their fellow man.

Sorry, but I don't think piracy is hurting their end figures as much as they think. Stop producing crap, and people will buy it. Grand theft auto has never been crap, in my opinion. I don't even need to see another trailer. It's a first day buy, given the track record :D

I donate to software developers all the time too :p

118.12.2012 16:48
Chu3505
Inactive

You don't know what you missing,a true gamer's play games on every platforms.

128.12.2012 18:11

Rofl, someone obviously doesn't remember the days back in the 90s when cartridge games cost even more than $60. Apply Inflation to the price of N64 games and today they'd be over $100.
These games today man, so expensive...

138.12.2012 22:35

Originally posted by Tom22:

Wow, I'm not sure if you're trolling or not but you're completely wrong. I own a PS3, an Xbox, and Gaming PC. I play the Xbox and Pc the most, and have fun on all 3. Your claim of "true" gamer is just invalid and straight up incorrect.

If MLG players who play Halo aren't "True" gamers, or the basement dwellers with thousands of hours on the countless other games aren't "true" gamers, then inform what what is.

If you have followed his/her postings from the past, you would know that what you say you are not sure of, is exactly what he/she is.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 08 Dec 2012 @ 10:35

149.12.2012 01:35

Originally posted by bobiroc:
Lookie Lookie we got ourselves a bada$$ right here. Do you feel better now that you got that out of your system. I happen to think "True Gamers" appreciate gaming on all the available mediums be it a computer, a console, a hand held or even a phone or tablet. Locking yourself to one platform because you feel the others are below your self proclaimed hardcore status is just a sign of your own immaturity and insecurity.
I must not be a true gamer...I like complex story lines that make the PS3 drop to 1FPS and the 360 reduce graphics memory until it looks like a PS2 game. I'm not about to spend money on something as outdated as the 360, and I already know the PS3 can't handle the new games (it couldn't even handle Fallout 3). I have a gaming PC that is far, far better and it really didn't cost all that much.

People still bash the PC version of GTA4 for being a resource hog...but the sniper rifles actually worked because the bullets didn't disappear into the void before they hit and the draw distance was far enough to make a sniper rifle more useful at range than a pistol.

Yes, I know some people still like playing Asteroids and Pong...you can make a fun game with outdated hardware...but I'm not interested in those games personally.

As for piracy, the studies do show that pirates buy more. If this wasn't the case developers would not try so hard to encourage PC piracy by putting broken DRM on games, delaying releases, and (such as the case of the new Hitman) requiring PC users to download it just as if they had pirated it. That last one really gets me...I'm on the road right now, I cannot get the game on disk and to download it would cost me $120 in data overages...assuming the download wasn't sure to fail before completion.

159.12.2012 23:19
southwise
Unverified new user

Originally posted by JGJD2001:
really...really are your one of of the ignorant lot that blame pc gamers. heck its a know fact that pirates buy more games, and the movie industry blame piracy for poor sales, they need to make some decent films not the crap that they put out.
ok, the first dude was being 'ignorant' by your terms by bashing the consoles. i don't see you bashing him back. what's the problem?

1610.12.2012 00:16
AceofTunes
Unverified new user

Originally posted by Joekill95:
Suspicious that it's
Quote:
on the very edge
of spring.

Ever think that the date is just a placeholder? Obviously not. Now stop spreading rumors.
I second that.

1710.12.2012 08:29

The main reason for cracking a game is not for piracy, it is mainly to remove the need for the disks, and since they usually only come with 1 license anyway they can't be traded in so it doesn't hurt anyone.

Ok so some people use them to leech off the industry but there are plenty of people who play pirated games on consoles. I know a guy who had a PS2 since launch day and never got a legitimate game for it.

Digital media is changing the nature of gaming because again it removes the need for disks. It has also been conclusively proven that movie downloads have no effect on Box office sales.

The idea that PC gamers are solely responsible for the rise in prices of games is laughable. Perhaps its just a sign of the times, not only have games increased in price, but other things like chocolate bars and soft drinks have nearly doubled in price in the last 10 years.

The games industry is stagnating because the vast majority of consumers are willing to pay massive prices for mediocre games. It has nearly nothing to do with piracy.

1821.12.2012 16:17
joey2013
Unverified new user

GTA V is released in 147 days which means the official release date is 17th may 2013. i have checked this out with several retailers and they have given me the same date so AMAZON are telling lies. i cant post links here but checkout ASDA.CO.UK

192.1.2013 15:12
Dev12345
Unverified new user

Actually their is a way that the date given to you by the retailers, Rockstar could have cotacted each of the retailng companies to give that fake date to keep people like us occupied.

202.1.2013 15:56

That'd be pretty bad for public relations...and a nasty business practice!

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 02 Jan 2013 @ 3:57

218.1.2013 10:09
yourstupid
Unverified new user

Retarded

2211.1.2013 00:57
ftards
Unverified new user

Stupid child, some video games were $60ish brand new even back in the day on the NES.

PC rules, but I'll still buy it on xbox because it always releases there first.

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive