AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Google working on new 'X' phone flagship to take on Apple

news article released on:

According to the WSJ, Google and Motorola are working on a new high-end device, codenamed 'X.' The marquee phone will be unique and include the highest-end features to stand apart from existing phones, say the sources. One example of a cutting-edge feature is a bendable screen, however, the company is said to have run into trouble on the suply-chain side. Supposedly, the phone ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

Will this come with the typical $8 billion price tag too?

*\\\****//\\\***//\\\*****
**\\\**//**\\\*//**\\\*******
***\\\//****\\\ ****\\\****
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement

"...give it the ability to mold into new shapes."

What the heck? That is very strange. How is that even possible? Bending and molding the phone to increase screen size? What happens to the internal hardware?

Is this phone made out of shit? Or is this a prank article?
Originally posted by PraisesToAllah:

"...give it the ability to mold into new shapes."

What the heck? That is very strange. How is that even possible? Bending and molding the phone to increase screen size? What happens to the internal hardware?

Is this phone made out of shit? Or is this a prank article?
Well flexible screen tech has been around for a while now, but flexible motherboards or other hardware components to go along with it sounds interesting...

*\\\****//\\\***//\\\*****
**\\\**//**\\\*//**\\\*******
***\\\//****\\\ ****\\\****
Origami phone..lol

:/
Glad I'm not the only one who had a WTF moment when I read the bit about it molding into new shapes.

I know the technology exists, but why do people want their phones to bend anyway?

Originally posted by Ripper:
Glad I'm not the only one who had a WTF moment when I read the bit about it molding into new shapes.

I know the technology exists, but why do people want their phones to bend anyway?
From Graphite to Graphene Nano-tube Tech....to be more portable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN6xNuhmIMc
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 23 Dec 2012 @ 18:21

Live Free or Die.
The rule above all the rules is: Survive !
Capitalism: Funnel most of the $$$ to the already rich.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.