AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

WSJ: Acer coming out with $99 tablet next year

news article released on:

According to the WSJ, Acer is ramping up to launch a $99 Android tablet next year. The tablet will feature a 7-inch screen, a 1024x600 resolution, a dual-core 1.2GHz processor and other similar specs to the Amazon Kindle Fire or B&N Nook Color. While Amazon sells their tablet for $139, Acer will look to take global share (especially in developing nations) with a $99 price tag. In fact, ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Doesn't sound like a bad deal at all.Maybe I will check it out.

20 Year U.S.Army Veteran.Vietnam 1969-1972 101st Abn.Div.
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Idk...I wouldn't trust it. I'll wait until the Nexus 7 is also $99...
No SD expansion slot. no sale. The Kindle Fire sold awesome but its also the most returned and resold tablet on the market. People saw a price point and didn't look at the specs. once they found out everything was cloud based and u can't stream music or movie from a remote camp ground or while on the road. the thing became useless.

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.