AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Polaroid unveils no-frills 7-inch tablet for $129

news article released on:

Polaroid has introduced a new tablet at CES this week. The tablets main selling point is its price, which is just $129, undercutting all existing 7-inch devices from known brands. Polaroid's new M7 has a 7-inch, 1,280 x 800 pixel display with 216ppi, an unspecified dual-core processor, a 2MP front camera and 8GB internal storage that can be expanded via microSD cards. Additionally, ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 10 messages.

No RAM specs, that could be a not buy depending on whats inside and what quad core processor it uses, to vague to gauge a real comparison to the somewhat knowledgeable consumer.
▼▼ This topic has 9 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by pollution:
No RAM specs, that could be a not buy depending on whats inside and what quad core processor it uses, to vague to gauge a real comparison to the somewhat knowledgeable consumer.

I read somewhere it was

M7= 1.6GHz dual-core A9 processor with 1GB of RAM

m10= quad-core Cortex A7 CPU with 1GB of RAM
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 11 Jan 2013 @ 23:05
Sounds decent enough for its price point.

*\\\****//\\\***//\\\*****
**\\\**//**\\\*//**\\\*******
***\\\//****\\\ ****\\\****
i.e. some cheap Chinese thing w/ the Polaroid whore name slapped on it!
Originally posted by bbbob:
Originally posted by pollution:

I read somewhere it was

M7= 1.6GHz dual-core A9 processor with 1GB of RAM

m10= quad-core Cortex A7 CPU with 1GB of RAM
Where did you find that? Is it official?
Originally posted by xnonsuchx:
i.e. some cheap Chinese thing w/ the Polaroid whore name slapped on it!

You mean, the same almost every tablet, laptop and desktop makers do: Put the logo of their brand in the external case of anything built by little chinese children in Foxconn factories.

BTW, am I the only one or that screen layout shown in the picture resembles to Microsoft's Metro quite a bit?

"You know, it seems that quotes on the internet are becoming less and less reliable." -Abraham Lincoln.
Originally posted by dali:
BTW, am I the only one or that screen layout shown in the picture resembles to Microsoft's Metro quite a bit?
Indeed it does. I was just thinking about that.
Originally posted by PraisesToAllah:
Originally posted by dali:
Indeed it does. I was just thinking about that.
It is just a home screen theme. I know because I know someone that one with it.
Nexus 7 is still a better deal, $249 for Quad+1 Tegra 3 and a 32 GB Flash

Account Created Saturday 12 January 2008. After 5 years I consider myself a Sr. Member no matter WHAT my post count says.
Nexus 7 is still a better deal, $249 for Quad+1 Tegra 3 and a 32 GB Flash

Account Created Saturday 12 January 2008. After 5 years I consider myself a Sr. Member no matter WHAT my post count says.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.