AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Android 4.0 ported to Windows PCs, tablets

news article released on:

"WindowsAndroid" has ported Android 4.0 to Windows PCs and tablets, giving fans a chance to use the mobile operating system on their devices. The full "Android experience" is available, including the browser, gallery, all Google software and even third-party apps. There is also graphics acceleration, a Dalvik VM and the standard Android user interface well known to Android users. WindowsAndroid ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

Make it an OS to replace windose.

Copyright infringement is nothing more than civil disobedience to a bad set of laws. Lets renegotiate them.

---
Check out my crappy creations
http://zippydsmlee.deviantart.com/
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I have went to this site and went thru the registration process twice, and have not been able to download. No email with link to download the software. Checked spam folder and spam settings and still no email/link. Not sure what the issue is.
yawn... another android emulator. Hasnt this been done to death already by small groups? I mean there is "Jar of Beans", Android SDK, manymo, and bluestacks. They should all just get together and release one fully optimized program...
And for those asking about a full OS replacement (ie ZippyDSM), look up "android x86". It doesnt support all PCs yet, but it is android running on an X86 processor. I had it running on my Asus EEE, but with the lack of touchscreen I decided that a keyboard/mouse-oriented OS was more fitting for my purposes.
Downloaded the file, installed it in a VirtualBox virtual Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit O/S, and does not run/load at all.
Why would you want to anyway?
Android is great on touch screen phones & tablets....but for a desktop PC (and I can't see touch screen being a big deal here either)?
Can't say it excites me.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 01 Feb 2013 @ 23:57
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.