AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Jailbreak iOS 6.x with evasi0n - supports iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad Mini

news article released on:

Team evad3rs bring untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.0 through 6.1. The evasi0n tool was released today, with support for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini devices running iOS 6.x. It is available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, and takes only a few minutes to complete. You require...5 minutes of your time!A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.5 minimum) or Linux ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 32 messages.

I have been trying to unlock my iPhone 5 for an hour or so... Tried downloading from various sites as well. The issue seems to be the program not recognizing my device (I'm guessing). The "jailbreak" button never lights up to become a clickable button, no matter what I've tried thus far. Not sure what to do to make it work at this point. Simple program that only needs one button to run, yet that button cannot be clicked on my end.
▼▼ This topic has 31 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by Flasht2:
I have been trying to unlock my iPhone 5 for an hour or so... Tried downloading from various sites as well. The issue seems to be the program not recognizing my device (I'm guessing). The "jailbreak" button never lights up to become a clickable button, no matter what I've tried thus far. Not sure what to do to make it work at this point. Simple program that only needs one button to run, yet that button cannot be clicked on my end.
Ouch, didn't get that problem myself, what OS are you on? Obviously try the usual suspects (different USB ports, run the app as administrator, etc.)
Mefickow Unverified new user
Well, I'm currently trying to jailbreak my iPod Touch 5G. The process continues till 'Injecting Stage 2 jaikbreak data (step 1/3)... (Do not touch your device) and gets stuck there. Any suggestions?

I tried running it as an 'Administrator' but still the same thing. I'm on OS 6.1, by the way.
Originally posted by Mefickow:
Well, I'm currently trying to jailbreak my iPod Touch 5G. The process continues till 'Injecting Stage 2 jaikbreak data (step 1/3)... (Do not touch your device) and gets stuck there. Any suggestions?

I tried running it as an 'Administrator' but still the same thing. I'm on OS 6.1, by the way.
Unfortunately no, the only thing I had the chance to test it on was my iPhone 4, though I did actually "restore" the iPhone 4 right before I carried out the jailbreak, not sure what difference that would make if any.

I guess the best place to ask about problems during it is at http://www.jailbreakqa.com/ as thats where evad3rs are suggesting people go on the site.
I just installed it on my iTouch 5G, evertyhing went right so far but, I tried to download some app since PIratebay for example, and then I tried to synchronyze them on my iTouch via iTunes (a friend told me to do so), but it's written "Echec de l'installation..." which means failed to install the app.

What am I doing wrong?
smarccsc Unverified new user
CAn anyone tell me does it preserve baseband?
I am currently on iOS 5.1.1 and so

1. Should i tether iOS 6.1 using sn0wbreeze first?
2. i have iPhone4 baseband 4.10.01 . I am using gevey i dont want to brick my carrier unlock by updating baseband
gmanggg Unverified new user
been trying to write my own code to help out the dev team to no avail, but im glad someone finally got it! beautiful interface, and very smooth activation! Bravo!
Marwamabrouk Unverified new user
How to download jailbreak to ipad3 and iphone4
amr1 Unverified new user
Can jailbreak unlock my Sprint iPhone 5 ?
jolisaJ Unverified new user
I just recently jailbroke my IPhone 5 but when I downloads apps in cydia I keep getting some kind of error code. 504 & 5050 I believe. Any help.?
I figured out the hang on Stage 2. In my case I reset the iPad, and I didnt go through the first time setup. After I had done so AND I launched evasi0n from the hard disk (not from the dmg) I was able to get it to work.
Clove22 Unverified new user
Jailbroke my 5 6.1 and downloaded Cydia. When it rebooted it stayed on the apple icon and has been that way ever sense. HELP!!
manual21 Unverified new user
Originally posted by sharkbait:
I figured out the hang on Stage 2. In my case I reset the iPad, and I didnt go through the first time setup. After I had done so AND I launched evasi0n from the hard disk (not from the dmg) I was able to get it to work.
Can you explain further, in detail, exactly what steps you took? What do you mean by 'i didn;t go through the first time set up'? I'm also hanging at 'injecting stage two'
Originally posted by manual21:
Originally posted by sharkbait:
Can you explain further, in detail, exactly what steps you took? What do you mean by 'i didn;t go through the first time set up'? I'm also hanging at 'injecting stage two'
I assume that like me, you probably have backed up your device and reset it. I did so, and that leaves the unit in the factory condition, which means that you are prompted for the WiFi connection, location services, iTunes account etc. before the home screen is displayed. This is what I meant by first time setup.

Despite what I read in CultOfMac, the only way I got the jailbreak properly installed is to back up the device, update to iOS 6.1 first, let iTunes restore your device, then install jailbreak. YMMV.
Gigi123456 Unverified new user
ISSUE AFTER JAILBREAK, after installing winterboar my iphone rebooted but got stuck on the apple logo. I was able to find how to turn it on again I guess in DFU mode or something like that (i'm new at this..) you know holding the power and home button and then releasing the power and continue holding the home one.. that's the only way to turn it on. Anyone else having the same issue??
riaanjvr Unverified new user
I did the process fairly quickly and successfully on an iphone 4 and an iphone 4S both running latest IOS6.1 which I installed wrom ipsw file with itunes. Tried the same thing on ipad-2 with IOS 6.2 but it gets stuck in "injecting stage 2 jailbreak data (step 1/3)
I have tried about 10 times now, even re-loaded IOS6.1 nothing wants to get the ipad-2 past this step.
HEEEEEELP anyone?
otime Unverified new user
Same problem here, however i am trying at my work pc with no itunes, will try again soon with itunes installed
Tried this on my IPod Touch (6.0.1), everything went smooth until I rebooted and found that I only had 4 apps on it. Even the "settings" app was missing. What went wrong?
Mee3 Unverified new user
I have jailbroken a iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, and a ipad 2 with no trouble. Maybe I'm lucky I guess.
time2 Unverified new user
Originally posted by otime:
Same problem here, however i am trying at my work pc with no itunes, will try again soon with itunes installed
The no button never ligths up, was solved in my case by installing itunes..
When did this site become support for evasi0n????

“Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out. Forget this... and attaining enlightenment is the least of your problems.”
–Zen Judaism by Someone Clever
diginorm Unverified new user
I had no problems on iphone 5 but ipad 2 hung on the injecting stage two. i had just done a shift+restore to 6.1 and then gone straight to the jb tool. after a few more failed attempts i went through the set up stages of newly restored ipad, ie: pushed next on wifi, enabled location, agreed to end user agreement, then i rebooted the ipad, reopened evasi0n, and it worked like a charm. the evad3rs made the smoothest jb i have experienced yet, once i figured out that simple step.
alantoo Unverified new user
Had the same problem here, hanging at stage 2 and it was because after I did the restore I didn't go through the initial setup process on the iPad (choose wifi, accept terms, etc etc...).

All is good and working now!
Originally posted by Gigi123456:
ISSUE AFTER JAILBREAK, after installing winterboar my iphone rebooted but got stuck on the apple logo. I was able to find how to turn it on again I guess in DFU mode or something like that (i'm new at this..) you know holding the power and home button and then releasing the power and continue holding the home one.. that's the only way to turn it on. Anyone else having the same issue??
im having the exact same issue right now and im pissed. i really need to know how to get my device back up and running.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.