AfterDawn Forums
These messages are comments to this news item:

Microsoft attacks Gmail in new Scroogled video

news article released on:

Are you getting...SCROOGLED???? Microsoft is attacking Google's GMail service in a new video and pile of information on its SCROOGLED website. This time Microsoft is warning you that GMail pries through your most personal e-mails in order to target advertisements at you. The video shows Eric Schmidt at the end saying; "There's what I call the creepy line: the Google policy about a ...

Read full article

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

I've never had my GMail account accessed by a "GMail Partner" and send spam out under my name to everyone in my contact list.

Hotmail did just that...they didn't hack my password, just abused their partner status and accessed all my info with it. I never looked back.
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I've never lost a gmail account because "I couldnt really 100% authenticate myself" my dad did, wtf does he know about all the very important data that MS demands? nothing, he just knows that he's e-mail will never be retrieved again.
Quote:
This time Microsoft is warning you that GMail pries through your most personal e-mails in order to target advertisements at you.
That's horrible! At least when Microsoft pries through my most personal e-mails, it's not to target advertisements at me! They just do it so that Steve Ballmer has something interesting to read on the potty. Targeting ads via an automated process is just sick and wrong!

Microsoft actually complaining about something??

Heaven forbid!!
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.