1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

USB adaptors to watch movies on TV?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by leroyj, Feb 17, 2013.

1. leroyj

leroyj Member

Hi,

http://www.samsung.com/it/consumer/tv-audio-video/tv/lcd-tv/LE40B530P7WXXC-spec

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/television/samsung-le-40b530/details/

I have been watching movies on my TV via dvd for a good few year now but now im getting a bit impatient and sick of the time it takes to download/burn new movies to watch and ideally would prefer to watch the movies via a USB mem stick.

Believe me if i had the money i would just go out and buy a new TV with a USB port then problem solved but i am not in that position financially at the moment to do that hence the question below.

Surely there must be an adaptor/converter etc of somekind floating about, one I can use to plug one end into my HDMI or Scart socket and the other end for to insert my USB stick into and then to access the contents of the USB stick and watch the movies that way?

I have had a look on Ebay etc and there are similar products out there but i am just not sure what to look for based on my TV's specs.

Any help appreciated

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive seen dvd players for as low as $30 which have a usb port and divx playback.

3. leroyj

leroyj Member

I suppose thats another option i never really thought about...thanks

4. ballybo

ballybo Member

..I gave The Box Super to my friend for this purpose...