1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EKEN W70 / MID 8850 7 INCH TABLET

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by barborian, Mar 8, 2013.

1. barborian

barborian Member

I am trying to get the tv catchup app to run on my eken w70 but i only have sound and no picture, i have installed flashplayer and auto hide the task bar but still no picture.
    my tablet is running ics 4.0.3. tv catchup is the best uk freeview app that i have used and it works perfectly on my motorola defy+ running gingerbread, has anyone got this app to run on ics? so far this is the only problem i have had with this brilliant little tablet.

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Most likely it's the tablets o.s because its out of date it might need to be updated before you could run anything newer there are several apps now that require the updated android o.s

3. barborian

barborian Member

thanks for the reply but it is not an outdated o/s as the app runs perfectly on gingerbread which is a year older than i.c.s, after looking further into this problem it seems that gingerbread is supported by flashplayer but i.c.s is not supported. so any apps that need flashplayer to run on i.c.s will encounter problems, so anyone thinking of upgrading to i.c.s from gingerbread should think twice about doing it. my phone with gingerbread runs any app flawlessly.

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Actually i noticed this might have to do with another issue i reported in the linux area of afterdawn forums adobe has stated there last version of flash player is 11.2 for linux because android is based off of linux maybe they updated the app to support a newer version of flash but because android also will stop flash at 11.2 as well maybe it is a flash issue