1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning a list of files in Nero

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Dudeness1, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Dudeness1

Dudeness1 Member

Hi Everyone,

I like to create lists of my favourite songs in Excel, I then burn these songs to a Data CD for playback on my car stereo. Historically I have simply added each file to Nero using the file browser, which is quite time consuming, and I am now wondering if there is some way of importing a list into Nero. As my list is in Excel I would ideally like to be able to import either an xls / xlsx or csv file.

Is there any way of importing a list of files into Nero to avoid manually selecting large numbers of files?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

2. aingtea11

aingtea11 Newbie

For example, you have a list (must be complete with paths) as below (assuming there are hundreds):

D:\song1\Wagoner, Porter - Satisfied Mind.mp3
    D:\song1\Price, Ray - City Lights.mp3
    D:\song4\Young, Faron - Hello Walls.mp3
    D:\song5\Horton, Johnny - North To Alaska.mp3

(If your list is in excel then copy paste it to ms word as unformatted text.)

How to:
    1. make the list above into one line (remember, only one line), like this:
    "D: \ song1 \ Wagoner, Porter - Satisfied Mind.mp3" "D: \ song1 \ Price, Ray - City Lights.mp3" "D: \ song4 \ Young, Faron - Hello Walls.mp3" "D: \ song5 \ Horton, Johnny - North To Alaska.mp3"
    So you need to add the " " and a space between the file name. If you use MS Word, use 'find and replace'> type in the box find what: ^p, in the box replace with: " ". Then click 'replace all'. Then you may need to add one " at the beginning of the line and remove one " at the end of the line.
    2. copy the list that has become one line
    3. Open Nero> Data> Make Data DVD> add
    4. paste it in the box next to the add button
    5. click add
    6. now the file list is in the nero file list.

3. aingtea11

aingtea11 Newbie

For example, you have a list (must be complete with paths) as below (assuming there are hundreds):

D:\song1\Wagoner, Porter - Satisfied Mind.mp3
    D:\song1\Price, Ray - City Lights.mp3
    D:\song4\Young, Faron - Hello Walls.mp3
    D:\song5\Horton, Johnny - North To Alaska.mp3
    If your list is in excel then copy paste it to ms word as unformatted text.

How to:
    1. make the list above into one line (remember, only one line), like this:

"D: \ song1 \ Wagoner, Porter - Satisfied Mind.mp3" "D: \ song1 \ Price, Ray - City Lights.mp3" "D: \ song4 \ Young, Faron - Hello Walls.mp3" "D: \ song5 \ Horton, Johnny - North To Alaska.mp3"

So you need to add the " " and a space between the file name. If you use MS Word, use 'find and replace'> type in the box find what: ^p, in the box replace with: " ". Then click 'replace all'. Then you may need to add one " at the beginning of the line and remove one " at the end of the line.
    2. copy the list that has become one line
    3. Open Nero> Data> Make Data DVD> add
    4. paste it in the box next to the add button
    5. click add
    6. now the file list is in the nero file list.

4. Dudeness1

Dudeness1 Member

Hi aingtea11,

I will definitely give your technique a go next time that I produce my "mixed tape".

Kind Regards,

Davo