1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wmp

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rtrg, Mar 30, 2013.

1. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

I have an HP clone desktop running xp pro. This is a SATA drive type. The issue is that none of the programs that were written to the HDD and none of the programs I install are in the ADD/REMOVE list. The OS uses WMP 10. I prefer WMP 9. Since it is not on the list I cannot remove or rollback. When I try to install 9 the program quits. Apparently the OS cannot handle 9 and 10 at the same time. It CAN handle 6.4 and 9 though. Any ideas? On a different note I ordered a ZORIN CD because it is open source. Any ideas as to how I can make it look and act like XP/ I prefer to download programs from the built in browser as well as download other browsers instead of using the download manager which are more trouble then they are worth. Are there similar backgrounds?

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Thanks. I will try that. If it works I will probably have to reinstall everything including the video codec to make it work.

4. rtrg

rtrg Regular member

Someone from another forum sent me a long series of steps to REMOVE WMP10 when it is NOT in the add/remove list.Once I removed it I installed WMP9, changed the audio controls in the REALTEK box to "NONE" installed the video codec, and I now have a working 9! If you are interested please tell me how to upload the printed instructions to th AD site. It will help other members.

5. attar

attar Senior member

Just copy and paste.