1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC flac album image tags

Discussion in 'Audio' started by zonedout, Mar 31, 2013.

1. zonedout

zonedout Member

I recently ripped some albums to flac image and cue using EAC.
    when I open the flac files in mp3tag I find the full album rip file has been tagged as if it were track 2 of the album like this example of Grace Jones - Nightclubbing album, track 2 of the album is pull up to the bumper.

Title: Pull up to the Bumper (Should be Grace Jones - Nightclubbing)
    Artist: Grace Jones
    Album: Nightclubbing
    Year: 1981
    Track: 02 (should be left empty)

I have no idea why EAC would tag the file with that info as if it were track 2 of the album, and I dont see the setting in EAC to change this to put artist - album in the title field .... anyone have any suggestions ? I have 200 more CD's to rip I dont relish the idea of going back over them all in mp3tag to fix this issue manually

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  2. zonedout

zonedout Member

These are the flac encoder command line arguments in EAC:

-6 -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "COMMENT=%comment%" -T "BAND=%albuminterpret%" -T "ALBUMARTIST=%albuminterpret%" -T "COMPOSER=%composer%" %haslyrics%--tag-from-file=LYRICS="%lyricsfile%"%haslyrics% -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" -T "TOTALTRACKS=%numtracks%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

In the title field in the EAC GUI I had Grace Jones - Nightclubbing, in those command line arguments I have "TITLE=%title%" so why is it using the track 2 title in that field instead ? Surely when performing an image rip the indivdual track information should only be for the cue sheet ?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013