AfterDawn: Tech news

MSI unveils powerful all-in-one gaming PC

Written by Andre Yoskowitz @ 21 Apr 2013 10:43 User comments (10)

MSI unveils powerful all-in-one gaming PC MSI has unveiled their All-in-One gaming PC, a few months after announcing it at CES.
The AG2712 packs a massive 27-inch 1080p matte display with 10-point multitouch support.

Under the hood is a mobile Core i7 CPU and a Nvidia GTX 670MX graphics card with 3GB of dedicated memory. The system is powered by 12GB DDR3 RAM which can be expanded to 16GB. Making bootup quick is a 128GB SSD and internal storage is a 1TB 3.5" HDD.

MSI has added a 2MP webcam, a Blu-ray drive, a 3-in-1 card reader, two 5W speakers, Gigabit ethernet, four USB 3.0 ports, HDMI-out, HDMI-in (that's a big deal) and the other standard ports and features.

The company has not revealed U.S. pricing, but the European price is €1999. The PC will hit Europe by the end of the month. No word on the U.S. date.

Previous Next  

10 user comments

121.4.2013 12:53

That is crazy and expensive: not sure if it's worth the value to the $.

221.4.2013 15:36

Originally posted by Mysttic:
it's not, for the hardware it contains I can get you a standard desktop with a gaming case for less then 800$

321.4.2013 17:59

Originally posted by Red_Forman:
Originally posted by Mysttic:
it's not, for the hardware it contains I can get you a standard desktop with a gaming case for less then 800$
Yes, but for how much can you get a 27-inch touchscreen display?

421.4.2013 19:00

Originally posted by DVDBack23:
Yes, but for how much can you get a 27-inch touchscreen display?
Exactly; this is an expensive toy for enthusiasts with spare cash, not an alternative for the regular consumer.

I should probably clarify that I am in support of that. It looks pretty cool and if I had the money to waste then I'd buy one - why not?
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 21 Apr 2013 @ 7:00

521.4.2013 21:19

HDMI input for the display, or for the computer?

622.4.2013 00:49

Why would you want a touchscreen for a stationery gaming PC?

722.4.2013 08:45

People have been spending $2000+ on all in one computers for years. They are called iMacs. I don't care what O.S. a computer runs, I'm not spending that kind of money for mid grade specs. Sad to say the apple product actually has more appealing specs in some areas, looks better and doesn't cost more.

822.4.2013 10:09

Originally posted by snardos:
Sad to say the apple product actually has more appealing specs in some areas, looks better and doesn't cost more.
???

922.4.2013 11:58

Originally posted by snardos:
People have been spending $2000+ on all in one computers for years. They are called iMacs. I don't care what O.S. a computer runs, I'm not spending that kind of money for mid grade specs. Sad to say the apple product actually has more appealing specs in some areas, looks better and doesn't cost more.
What the hell you are talking about? This is exactly lot more appealing than Apple' crap iMacs, because this actually runs games. You pay for performance, not a freaking apple batch. Bottom line, PC with design and power. I wish I could afford it. I'd rather spend my money more horsepower than design. I just wish I could, but I'd never buy a mac, they are just stupid useless shit.

1022.4.2013 15:28

Converted to canadian this thing costs $2600. For $2350 you can get the 27" iMac with 2560*1440 IPS display, GTX 680MX and i7 3770. They have an option for an ssd if you want.

This article doesn't state which type of disply this MSI has but it's 1920*1080, GTX 670MX and a "mobile" i7 which I assume is undervolted or underclocked or something.

To me it looks like the iMac has better specs.

I am also not a fan of apple which is why I said it was sad. As far as I know you can install Windows onto a Mac so you can still play games on it.

Basically what I am saying is that this is no more a gaming pc than a similarly priced iMac.

This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 22 Apr 2013 @ 4:32

Comments have been disabled for this article.

Latest news

VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads VLC hits milestone: over 5 billion downloads (16 Mar 2024 4:31)
VLC Media Player, the versatile video-software powerhouse, has achieved a remarkable feat: it has been downloaded over 5 billion times.
1 user comment
Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit Sideloading apps to Android gets easier, as Google settles its lawsuit (19 Dec 2023 11:09)
Google settled its lawsuit in September 2023, and one of the settlement terms was that the way applications are installed on Android from outside the Google Play Store must become simpler. In the future, installing APK files will be easier.
8 user comments
Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets Roomba Combo j7+ review - Clever trick allows robot vacuum finally to tackle home with rugs and carpets (06 Jun 2023 9:19)
Roomba Combo j7+ is the very first Roomba model to combine robot vacuum with mopping features. And Roomba Combo j7+ does all that with a very clever trick, which tackles the problem with mopping and carpets. But is it any good? We found out.
Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations Neato, the robot vacuum company, ends its operations (02 May 2023 3:38)
Neato Robotics has ceased its operations. American robot vacuum pioneer founded in 2005 has finally called it quits and company will cease its operations and sales. Only a skeleton crew will remain who will keep the servers running until 2028.
5 user comments
How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp How to Send Messages to Yourself on WhatsApp (20 Mar 2023 1:25)
The world's most popular messaging platform, Meta-owned WhatsApp has enabled sending messages to yourself. While at first, this might seem like an odd feature, it can be very useful in a lot of situations. ....
18 user comments

News archive